Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
IMO the easiest to get too that meets your criteria is Mandrem beach, but one that's not so easy is Reddi beach, or Paradise (yes another one) beach, just over the border into Maharashtra. If you venture there, take your refreshments as amenities are scarce. It's the nearest thing you will get to paradise in the Arabian Sea. The water is a little more blue and the sand much better, it seems to lose that iron ore tinge that the rest of north Goa has.
As for the sunbed Q, all are attached to individual shacks, some charge, some dont, but nothing to stop you from plonking your rear on one then wandering off to sample the fare of others.
BTW, thats Reddi beach in the background on my avatar.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/23/dscf0943a.jpg
  • Edited by eddie101 2009-11-06 11:45:12
Mandrem is not as good as it used to be since the arrival of the Russians!
Only 3 or 4 years ago this beach was empty!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/P1020611.jpg
I remember four of us being THE ONLY people on Morjim Beach about 6 years ago. Only two shacks and they pulled our 'sunbeds' right down to the sea and left us with a bottle of Old Monk Rum. 'Four Go Mad At Morjim' :rofl
Cheers All, how long / how much do you think it will cost in a taxi from Baga to Reddi beach?
Turtle Beach at Morjim was OK last year but venturing further up to Ashvem was now getting busier (and not for the better I may add). Reddi, don't know.... what about Agonda in South?
Yea, Reddi is also know as Paradise Beach.
You can see it on Google Earth, north of Tiracol at a place called Shiroda.
If you go by taxi, get the driver to call at Reddi Fort first for some great views along the coastline.
My favourite is Morjim although I have to admit that I haven't got there for a couple of seasons. Beware a windy day at Morjim, my son and GF got virtually sandblasted there :rofl
Thanks, I went to Paradise beach last year, didn't know if Reddi beach was one I have missed. It was lovely up there, may go again this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.