General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: Bikini sizes
36 Posts
Shirley.....try this http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiser.asp?term=Swimwear+Separates :tup
Also if you search under just bikinis or tankinis the seperate bottoms show that are available as oppose to the complete set ;)
Mrs jollypostie ordered some stuff off LITTLEWOODS

Some Bikini tops and bottoms can be ordered separately, you pay a little more than some places, but delivery is free
If any of you ladies are lucky enough to live in the north east, perhaps you should try Sadie The Bra Lady, she or one of her staff will personally measure you up

If any of you ladies are lucky enough to live in the north east, I'll personally measure you up myself. :rofl

Robby :wink:
Robbies spying in the bikini section girls . Quick cover up :yikes
Had my two bikinis (bought as separates) delivered on Saturday from Figleaves, ordered Thursday. Used the discount code on page 1 so 10% and free postage which helped. Very nice, very pleased. The 'D' cup fits fine as i thought - with it being a halter neck I thought that would be the case.

Thanks for all those who recommended figleaves. Now I'm itching for new undies.
SandC wrote:
Now I'm itching for new undies

You can get something from the chemist for that... :lol: :wink:

I got one of those £3 bikinis from Asda yesterday, not too bad if you're a "standard size". They do two styles - triangle top and bandeau top and for £3 for the complete set are an absolute bargain!
Had my two bikinis (bought as separates) delivered on Saturday from Figleaves, ordered Thursday. Used the discount code on page 1 so 10% and free postage which helped. Very nice, very pleased

Glad you were pleased SandC. They are equally as efficient should you need to return anything .postage is paid and I always get an email to say they have received myparcel and have refunded.

If you order any more there are another couple of codes on that site I mentioned on page 1 that give 15% off + free delivery . Every little bit helps ;) "Eve15pc" seems to be still working ;) . just type in figleaves on the "find a voucher "search
http://www.hotukdeals.com/all/vouchers/new?expired=false&mf=29
Thanks Lynn, might have to invest in some undies now. :cheers
XX701 Promotion Code for 20% off with Littlewoods :tup

Just spent £20 paid £16 :pele
Can I hijack this thread slightly and ask people about recommendations for swimming costumes? I want an underwired costume with adjustable straps (no halternecks) in a nice pattern (no black or other block colours). I used to be able to get nice ones from Freya and Fantasie but they seem to mainly do bikinis nowadays and there is no way i am putting my stomach on public view! I live in Nottingham but will travel for a good shop!
Corinne,

M&S have a couple of those style swimsuits and Debenhams have at least a dozen to choose from, they're also having their summer spectacular with 25% off which starts today for 3 days :tup
Hi Corinne,

Both Figleaves and Bravissimo stock both Freya and Fantasie swimsuits along the lines of what you are looking for - I have used them both in the past as I too prefer an 'all-in-one' rather than a bikini, However, I find that the following site has the biggest selection of bra-sized (both soft cups and underwired) costumes.

http://www.amplebosom.com/

They do tend to cater for the larger cupsizes - as you'd expect from the name! - but most of their ranges do start at 'C' cups and it's just that they do go up to much larger cup sizes than most shops do. In particular they stock a range by 'Anita' and I have found these excellent - very supportive but very comfortable in wear - and some of these costumes actually have a hidden proper bra back fastening which means that you can get a really good fit.

Their delivery service is excellent and very prompt and whilst you can order over the Net I tend to do it by phone as the staff do seem to really know their stock and can advise about the fitting etc. For example, one model I ordered, the member of staff I spoke to suggested I go up a size compared to my normal one because in their experience it came up 'small' because it was a very snug cut compared to some of the other styles. In the end I ordered both my usual size and also the one she'd recommended - guess what? She was absolutely right! Perfect fit and the other one went back and the money was credited back to my card within a week of placing the original order. If I hadn't spoken to her I'd have had to waste time re-ordering etc. Of course, I'd have saved myself the hassle of having to return the one that didn't fit if I'd just listened to her in the first place!

SM
hi corinne . have you thought about a tankini. Bravissimo do an underwired one here and you can choose 2 different types of bottoms . http://www.bravissimo.com/products/swimwear/tankinis/kalyani/tankinis/ks24-details.aspx

looks very flattering . I might order this myself.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I'll try get into town over the weekend. I've had a bit of a fall out with Bravissimo recently over their full cup bra ranges so I'll have to go into the shop in disguise!
I feel very bah humbug after my shopping trip at the weekend. I could hardly find anything with underwires in at M&S. Debenhams only had a few underwired items which looked like they were more suited to my mum anyway. Finally found some that looked nice in Bravissimo, only to find that the tops were padded (why on earth do they think someone with 32GG boobs needs extra padding), very low cut and the 'roll down' bikini bottoms rolled back up when you moved!

This just serves as a reminder to why I've always gone for Fantasie and Freya stuff in the past - hopefully they will have some better styles next season.

Thanks for everyone's advice anyway!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.