Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez...
23 Posts
Well the season will have just started in May so everything will be up and running. The weather will be warming up nicely, although you may need a cardi for the evenings. Turkey caters well for vegetarians so you won't have any problem. If you don't see anything on the menu that suits you, have a word and they'll be able to come up with something for you. Turkey uses an abundance of fresh vegetables and they are really tasty. The mezes may suit you - a dish containing a selection of tasty small dishes, just tell them what you don't eat.

The beach in Bitez is lovely and you'll be spoilt for choice with the cushions, hammocks, etc on offer. Each restaurant along the front has its own bit of beach which you are free to us as long as you buy a drink from them.

As for trips, you can always try a boat trip - a lovely chilling day, choose a hot day and you will be cooled by a lovely breeze. Take your time in booking - if you walk along the front at Bitez, I know there's a boat trip advertised which is really relaxing and not packed but sorry I can't remember its name. I'm sure you'll see it though. Take a look at the different trip agencies and see what's on offer - I'm not sure what your interests are but there will definitely be something to suit you.

Also explore the peninsula under your own steam. Get the dolmus into Bodrum and from the large bus station in Bodrum, you can get another dolmus to other places on the peninsula - Yalikavak, Turgetreis, Gundogan, Gumusluk, Gumbet and not forgetting Bodrum itself. The castle in Bodrum is great to look round, even if you're not into history or artefacts, the views from the castle walls are great.

Hope you have a great holiday - we will be there just before you as we fly out on 25 April and we're staying for 10 weeks. Our house is on the Gumbet/Bitez border and we love the area. As well as the restaurants along the front at Bitez, try those set a little further back. If you need to know anything more, just ask.

JAK xx
Lovely reply, thank you, that's given me lots of ideas and encouragement. wow lucky you - 10 weeks - excellent...
Hi cazz,

You have chosen well with Bitez, it is a lovely resort, I used to live not far from there and I have spent a lot of time there.

There are plenty of good places to eat and you will find lots of vegetarian food on the menus, veggie kebabs are lovely, you will also find veggie pasta dishes, pizza, cheese pide (Turkish pizza), salads, soups, dishes with beans and chick peas are also popular plus there are lots of vegetarian hot and cold meze.

The beach is good and if you wander along you will find some parts are sandier than others. You don't have to pay for sunbeds anywhere, just buy a drink or some lunch from the restaurant behind where you sit and you can stay ther all day for free.

As Jakki says the boat trips are very good. You can book along the front in one of the little booths and they do really nice days out for about £10 including lunch. You can also go for a jeep safari, a Turkish night, a village our, a trip to Ephesus and Pammukale and various other day trips, so plenty of good days out if you can tear yourslef away from the beach ;)

The weather should be very nice at the beginning of May, hot during the day but not scorching, it does get a bit chilly sometimes in the evnings so best bring a cardi or something just in case. The sea will also pbe quite cold but it is still nice to swim once you actually get in.

Which hotel are you staying at?

Kedi
Hi Kedi, thanks for your reply as well, seems like there's going to be plenty to keep me occupied, yes I love just laying on the beach relaxing, but really enjoy a few trips as well, I definately hope to get to Kos for the day, and take a boat trip or two, and get the Dolmus to Bodrum/Gumbet etc. etc. Am really looking forward to going now, I decided on the Manuella hotel as it was recommended - hope it'll be ok... :)
I stayed at Manuela a few years back. It is in a lovely position on the beach and it shouldn't be too busy in May. Be prepared that they will want to stay at the hotel all the time, they will ask you to eat at their restaurant and drink in their bar! We always ate elsewhere though as there are so many lovely restaurants and I love to try somewhere different each evening.

Kedi
Good choice Caz :tup you will love Bitez!!!

We used to stay there... Ersun reception manager will look after you, (he stayed at our house last month my daughter helped him and Oktay (the owner) do a Manuela Wedding Show at The Excel exhibition in London.

The rooms are basic but they do have a fridge in them. Breakfasts are good with beautiful views. I can assure you you will feel at home there and it is a great place to mix!!!

The Manuela is having a bit of a face lift because this year is their 20th anniversary. They have just started building a new restaurant, and are doing special offers for May+october (they reserve July and August just for their Turkish clients) so May will be fully booked this year.We have a friend a Scottish lady who holidays by herself every year... this year she is staying for 8 weeks!!! all of May and June you will not miss her because she dances all night long!!!

The weather at the begining of May can be a bit hit and miss. We were there last May and it teamed down a few times but it soon clears up we will be there the same time as you it is a great time to visit at the start of the season!!!

Of cause they will want you to stay at the hotel to eat and will offer you discount but try and eat out as often as you can. places change yearly.. ..we are lucky to have our own place there behind the harbour (yes Kedi they do have a harbour in Bitez ;) ) We love the Sultan restaurant..The Lemon Tree the Lavas and favorite round the back The Pedesa best value for money in Bitez :tup
Well, yes, there is a little harbour but not like the one in Bodrum ;)

I agree Sultan is a good restaurant, Mart Kedilar is also very nice.
Oh lovely, i'm noting recommendations down, will look out for scottish lady dancing ha ha... really pleased to hear there's a fridge in room, was going to e mail them to check that out later on. Yes, think I can cope with telling them I won't eat at same place every night, I'll put my assertive hat on if I have to lol, just hope now that weather will be hot enough to get a few swims in, a week after I get back my daughter is having a 30th birthday party so I want to get a tan and look healthy for that (just to show my ex what he's missing :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl ha ha....
Oh, I'm sure it will be hot enough to get a good tan, you will probably get a better tan that time of year anyway as it will be perfect for staying out all day. Once you get past the initial shock the water is quite nice, very refreshing anyway ;)
Caz, dont worry about getting a tan... i've never come home from Turkey white (even in March!!!!)

I've just booked our first flights for this year - going the end of April for 10 days... so we'll be there the same time as you. Ersun has just phoned my daughter and he said he'll look after you, he remembered speaking to you.

If you need any more help, gis a shout :tup

47 more sleeps whoop whoooooooooop :cheers
Hi Ronie, what date have you got for your flight? Might we get to see you after all?

Marn.

Caz, I'm sure you will have a great time at the Manuela. The rooms are not overlarge, but they are clean, and have the most comfortable beds, and a lovely bathroom.

Will try and get over there at the end of April before we head back home.
Hi Marn... :wave: we fly out on April 28th for 10 days so will have a chance to meet? I'm getting excited!!! :)

I don't know if you know that The Manuela new restaurant is having a roof top terrace but it won't be ready at the start of the season.( But the new restaurant will be) so it should look good when it is finished..it's been needing a a facelift for the last few years. There is also an Indian restaurant opening around the back of the car park of New Season and Sultan.

Take Care x x x
Hi all, lovely replies, great news about comfy beds as well, really looking forward to going now... all sounds so friendly and I'm sure I'll love it. Thanks so much for all the info. My daughter asked what I'd like for Mum's day.... I said sun lotion ;) ...
Hi ......... we are staying at the Medisun in Ortakent, but will call in at Bitez to see everyone.

Do you know where Chris's (First Stop) new restaurant is. Will have to call in and see him too.

Not long to go now. :rofl

Marn. :wave:
Marn

Chris's restaurant "The Blanca" is right next door to the ATMs you can't miss it. :tup

Yeah........not long to go 45 and a half more sleeps for us! before we are :sun2 ing it there.
Hi, all
We are staying in Bodrum from 15th May but will, of course, visit Bitez (no doubt more than once!).
Really looking forward to being back in Turkey - missed it altogether last year so feeling a bit 'homesick'!! :cheers
Hi Prawn, looking forward to hearing your report on a different area of Bodrum.

Marn. :cheers
I see the Ambrosia has been bought buy the owners of Xbar in Gumbet. They have been emailing all the members of Gumbet Bar Street groups on Facebook to tell them and suggest they stay in Bitez and there will be shuttle busses running into Gumbet to Bar Street right thro the night.....
We were in Bitez 2 years ago & really liked it.
The 'Vona' was our fave restaurant by far : quite upmarket but consistently good & finishing your bottle of wine or cocktail or coffee or whatever! on the big cushions while gazing across the starlit sea to Kos was a great way to end the evening! :tup
DO make the effort to go to Ephesus: Fantastic! And the dolmus is a great way to get about when you fancy a more lively evening to Bodrum.
Enjoy!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.