Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
There's a Blue Sea Hotel reviewed on holidaysuncovered.com - its listed under Kos Town though, could be the same one?
Yeah found that it is the same one. Spent 4hours in travel agents yesterday trying 2 get moved to another hotel. Got letter from Libra saying rooms let 2 18-30 German clients and for us 2 contact to travel agent only to find out we had to pay to be moved. Cost extra £470. Am going to citizen advice about it.

Thanks for reply
What a nightmare.... hope you get things sorted out soon.
I have just returned from Kos and we were staying at a hotel near the Blue Sea. It is on a stretch of wide road with a supermarket and one taverna close by. There is a bus service into Kos town every half hour. I do not know what it is like inside or anything but if you like to go to tavernas and are looking for other distractions close by then it is not going to happen.
I do not want to scare you but a couple at our hotel was booked into this hotel and were bundled into the back of a van and driven to the next hotel when they arrived in the middle of the night. Their tour operator was not Libra though so you may be ok.
Sorry this is so negative but thought you would be better knowing than not. You may go and have a great holiday. Hope you do.
apparently this hotel is in lambi. its not. it is in the middle of nowhere way past lambi. you have to get a bus if you want to go into kos town. i have stayed in lambi twice and its a good 20 minutes walk in but through lots of shops. i would chanmge this hotel if you like civilisation! you have to be acreful when booking in kos because when i went last year my hotel was described as being closer that it was. lucky for me i was next to the petrol station in lambi which is actually ok
Cheekychipmunk,

What do you mean about people being 'bundled' in to the back of a van? Was it by their tour operator as they didn't want to stay at the Blue Sea Hotel?
hi again, To clarify the "bundled" term is used - the woman who was bundled used that exact word to decribe being put into the back of the hotel van, she had to sit on her husband's knee without being fully informed of why this was happening. It turned out there was no rooms left at the blue sea hotel and obviously they had arranged to use the Thalassa hotel along the road. She saw her rep the next day and things were sorted out for her but she did find it frightening especially in the middle of the night.
Cheekychipmunk,

Thanks for that! I was just curious what really happened.
My daughter has had a terrible time with Libra holiday company but has eventually changed her hotel at an extra cost of £500++ to the Sovereign Hotel in Kardamena. Think she's had a lucky escape.

Thanks for all your comments
shame she will miss out on kos town. its a much better resort that karademna. the soveriegn has good reviews though. hope she has fun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.