Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
there will always be turtle trips in zante unless the turtles start going elsewhere of course. we normally hire a boat or a pedelo and find the turtles ourselves we have even seen a couple when snorkelling as they tend to stay near to the shore than far out. we normally go around turtle island get a fab tan and buy ice lollies from the man who parks his boat up on the shore he even helped us once when our engine flooded. im sure you will all enjoy yourselves we have been there four times now and we even got married there in 2003.

lindsay.
Have been to Zante 4 times previously lindsay,but it was during the nineties and latterly 2001...said that before,sorry...Had been reading that turtle trips were being discouraged by the WWF. We'd still like to go out and see them again though,so thanks for the info. Really looking forward to the break.
P.S.That must have been lovely...getting married on Zante...so romantic!
have been looking on the wwf website and it doesnt look like you will be able to do the above as they closed down the national park due to lack of funds and the government seem to be more bothered about spending the money on the olympics. cant believe how much it seems to have changed over a couple of years apparently zante seems to have taken over the reputation of falaraki and ibiza. the turtles seem to be in even more danger now than ever before which is such a shame as they are beautiful creatures and the island of zakynthos was such a gorgeous place to holiday. seems like some people are intent on spoiling holiday destinations instead of enjoying them as they are.

lindsay.
Yes lindsay have read all about it! It's sad,it really is...we'll be choosy where we eat and drink at night etc. and try to choose the nicer places to go. The turtles are beautiful creatures to see and although I'll be disappointed if I don't get to do that?... (will also try to look into it when we get there and see what happens) I've got some nice memories of seeing them on previous hols.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.