Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Food and drink prices are the same as other Turkish airports,very expensive.
Many people take food with them and last year we bought some 100ml bottles from Poundland and filled them with water,and put them in the plastic bags at security to be checked, :rofl
Prices are very high at Bodrum airport, I would advise not buying anything there!

Great idea Jay Trip, I think I may try that :tup
hobbyholiday wrote:
what is it like for excess baggage charges

This is often a misconception as it has nothing to do with the airport. Excess baggage charges are imposed by the airlines, via their handling agents at the airport. You'll find all airports operate the same baggage policy for the respective airlines as it's an instruction from them, although some are slightly stricter than others. The charges are to pay for the extra fuel heavy bags need, roughly 1L per 1kg. The charges may seem excesssive, but it's a deterrant so ensure passengers comply with weight restrictions to minimise fuel burn on the aircraft to meet environmental targets. If your bag weights more than your quoted limit, expect to pay £8-12 per kg for it, subject to the current airlines pricing.

Darren
I saw a lady in front of me being charged for 1 kg extra baggage.
She was about 5 foot tall and very slight build.
Next to check in was a couple who both must have weighed 20 stone and people were commenting behind us how would they fit in the seats on a TC plane :que
How long will it be before we are all made to stand on scales with our baggage. :que :que
It seems a fairer way to me. :rofl :rofl
Jay Trip wrote:
How long will it be before we are all made to stand on scales with our baggage

That wouldn't be legal though. A little off topic, but airlines have a standard 100kg average passenger and baggage weight value; 75kg for the passenger, 5kg for hand luggage and 20kg for hold luggage. That's how the weight of the aircraft is calculated and the weight of the luggage is required in order to make sure it's loaded on to the aircraft in a balanced way. On some smaller aircraft types and helicopters were weight and balance is marginal, passengers are weighted. It's not needed on large commercial aircraft though where the average is used.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.