Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have found a great holiday for August 2006 booking independently and flying into Bodrum Airport, travelling to Kusadasi.

Have priced transfer from the airport to hotel but its pricing at over £300 return for 2 adults and 2 children.

Does anyone know any good sites were I can book resort transfer at reasonable prices?

Would welcome any info.

Thanks.
Thats really expensive!!

when i was in Kusadasi last month, the taxi companies were advertising trips to bodrum airport for €60

i dont know any agencys off hand.

there is one called sun & fun, you can contact them via the Kusadasi forums on http://www.kusadasi.biz
Hi Claire,

Do you think it would be safe enough to 'jump' a taxi at the airport or are we in danger of being ripped off?

I know its a fair way from the airport to Kusadasi but I've been online tonight on a few sites and they were all coming back with £300 plus for transfer - not sure whether I'd want to risk landing without confirmed transfer.
no i wouldnt risk it!

they will probably rip you off as Kusadasi is so far away!

i can ask about for you & see if i can get some numbers for you to pre-book a taxi / transfer.

£300 is an insane amount, i know when i looked into it this year (from home) i was being quoted £100 each way. when i got to Kus i saw it for €60 each way (about £40)

i'll see if i can get some details for you .. it may take me a few days, but i will post them up as soon as my friends in Kusadasi get back to me! :D
hi weve booked our holiday direct with hotel,and transfers with the hotel who are carging £75 return from bodrum to turgatreis.Dont know if thats near,but my point being does your accomadation not do direct transfers for you.

good luck!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:
Catch a taxi to the local bus terminus and then get on the coach to Kusadasi. We cought the bus from Icmeler to Bodrum, it took 3.5hrs and only cost about £4 each. It is a very good service with very clean, air conditioned and modern coaches, the drivers are very helpful too.
If you do decide to get the bus, then you need to get a taxi or the Havas Bus (check the times!) to Bodrum Otogar and then catch the bus to Kusadasi. As Bodrum is in completely the opposite direction to Kusadasi and a taxi there will cost you about £40-50 it would probably be easier to get a taxi in the other direction (Milas or Soke) and catch a bus from there. What time does your flight land at Bodrum airport?

Where is Ally? She lives in Kusadasi and would be able to give you much more information about this.

Also, have you tried to contact the hotel you are staying in as they will probably send someone to meet you at the airport and it will be a lot cheaper than £150 each way!!!

If you give me some more details I will try to find out the best, quickest and cheapest way to get to Kusadasi.

Karen
i asked around & have a few names & numbers coming my way,
i found this place (i did a few excursions with them during the summer)
http://www.sunwindtours.com
the brochure i have states that they do offer transfers
This has been recommended to me, they are very reliable & good prices!!

http://WWW.OTTITRAVEL.COM

TEL NUMBER (90)-256-6131203

:D
Hi all
My husband is going to Turkey in September, could someone tell us what Bodrum Airport is like please?

Thanks in advance.

Dawnie-Rob
Hiya,

Theres loads of information on Bodrum airport here -
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=358000&highlight=#358000

Its a small airport - and once you have queued for your visa stamp in your passport, your luggage should be ready for you to pick up on the carousels, then you just walk through the doors and outside, where you will find your rep.

Enjoy,

Elaine
hi
can anyone tell me how long transfer time is from bodrum airport to kusadasi?
been to kusadasi years ago but think i flew into a different Airport and the transfer time was only about 1.5 hours
Love tours bases in Altinkum , do airport transfers, last year it worked out at £10 per person each way to Bodrum.... dont know what the cost do Kusadasi would be.....
I am lookingtogoback to icmeler next year but cannot find a weekend flight at a price I can afford.

I have seen transfers offered by ICR from bodrum to icmeler and found some reasonable flights to bodrumon a day that suits me.

Does anyone know how the transfer time compares to the the dalaman -icmeler route?
Sorry to hijack this post anyone know of any transfer companys from Bodrum airport to Turgutreis, transfer via coach is 1.5. Dont want to be sitting on the coach for that amount of time

Thanks

Ron
How many of you are travelling and need a transfer Ron? I might be able to help you.

Elaine
Hi Elaine
its for 4 people, supposed to be landing at 20.15 on the 11th of september.

Thanx

Ron
Hey all. Were flying out to marmaris 9th august for a week, but were flying into bodrum instead of dalaman, and our holiday is booked with goldtrail.just wondered if anyone has heard of this before. also if anyone knows what the transfer time is, cause ive heard different things.
thanks,
nikki :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.