Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm a bit confused here - he used his card in an ATM in Turkey, but the money in question was taken out after he returned to the UK, is that right? Is the dubious transaction for a builder's yard in Turkey then? I'm not doubting what you're saying - I'm just not sure if I'm reading your post right.
Yes sorry if its not clear. he used his card in an ATM on holiday. 2 weeks after he returned to the Uk, 2 transactions went out for £1000 each, in a builders supply merchant in Turkey.......
Thanks - wasn't sure if I'd understood it correctly. That's worrying indeed. I take it he should be able to get the money back from his bank though - eventually? Hope he gets it all sorted out - and it's certainly something people should be made aware of.
He said they were investigating. I told him to fax them a copy of his visa exit stamp, to prove he wasn't in the country when the transactions took place. The bank said 6 weeks to sort it, no guarantee. It was his first trip there as well.... such a shame.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.