DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Have you tried looking at hotel prices through accommodation only providers such as Medhotels, Findmeaccom, Broadway Travel (and many more) ...these are often cheaper (though not always) than going direct to the hotel ??
You normally only pay a deposit with your booking, and then the full balance 8 weeks before you go.

Worth a bit of research perhaps ? :roll:
PS In my experience, we have never been treated any differently than the other 'packaged' guests when we have booked accommodation separately.
We have been to the Protur Alicia in Cala Bona twice - booked direct with Protur each time. Would recommend this as the way to go. You only pay 10% now and the rest on departure from the hotel. Also, we had to cance a booking with Protur and even got the 10% back - something we wouldn't have done if we have booked a package.

I don't think there are many Protur hotels that are available via accommodation only providers so if you particularly want this hotel than booke direct with Protur - they are a very good company.

Pippa
WOW!!! ...someone else who spends as much time on here looking up stuff as I do. Thanks TravelMandy I appreciate all those links, I have checked them all and only some have availability for the time I am looking for and the prices are all pretty much the same.

I was going to go for it and book direct the other day, but my hubby had a look at the Protur web site (normally just show him what I am going to do before I do it, I do all the research so he normally agrees) but he dosen't like it. Thinks it's too far away from everything, too big and too German (nothing against them but no one to talk too for us or the kids.)

He likes the Bonaire, which would be my first choice too but Tomson have all bookings rights for that during the summer and I have tried them and no luck.

We don't go until end of July so I still have a little while to find somewhere.

Thanks again for everybody's help.
Can definitely recommend the Bonamar in Cala Bona, also a Protur hotel - not so vast as some of the other hotels, cant fault the positon right on the front between Cala Bona/Cala Millor, food and staff excellent, rooms a bit small but all the advantages outweigh that.
We booked a last minute Thomsons there in June so got a really good deal but talking to other guests some seem to return year after year.
Dont know about price difference but unless you intend hiring a car at the airport bear in mind you get a free transfer to the resort with Thomsons and it is well over an hour from the airport.
The evening entertainment wasnt up to much but we just went in the Levante Park hotel at night, excellent shows on there.
Ah just noticed you mentioned the kids!!! think the Bonamar is an adults only Thomson hotel although that doesnt apply if you book direct. It could well be a bit quiet for your children
olitob,

Also try http://www.wshtravel.com. They offer 8% off if you've booked before, but the plus point for you I would imagine would be the balance payment. Pay 10% up front then the rest 30 days before you go (only slightly better than 8 weeks but still).

Jazz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.