Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Booked for 2008
37 Posts
Jacquie thats a bargain for them weeks! Travel Republic is a good sight,I have done a DIY for next year for £275 flight transfers and apartment for 3 weeks, but that is for June,it would cost a lot more for you if you booked with one of the well known tour operators,we are only 2 adults travelling and it would cost us alot more with supplements,booking with the owners direct is per apartment.not how many people are sharing!.
Hi Crispy
The price for the apartment included in our final price worked out practically next to nothing, as you say its the apartment you pay for not how many are staying in it and as theres a good few of us going, it brings the price down for everyone :D .
hi jackie
have you got the web address for travel republic
thanks ned
ttp://www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Can i also say to anyone booking DIY that

http://www.lowcostbeds.com/

has fantastically low prices for some resorts in Turkey for next year.
hi all

i have booked the melay/atium for next july also and flights with aegean and for 2 weeks for 9 ppl it was 1400 pound

comparison:
2adult and a 5 yr old for feb half term to tenerife is about 1100 pounds (ouch) but next july seems ages to wait for next holiday, butwe want somewhere that is a bit warm at least.

pam xx
Remember when booking with Travelrepublic there is a promo code you can use for 7.5% off,it is CARDSTUDENT :D
I was booked into the wow bodrum resort 3 adults and then my other daughter wanted to come as well with her boyfriend so cancelled that one lost £75 deposit wit Thomas Cook. I have now booked hemera club hotel side 26 aug 4 adults and 1 child £3300 with Thomas Cook the wow bodrum would of been over £4000. Nicer beach at side and the hotel looks nicer as well. The most expensive I have seen for the same holiday is thomsons £4329 so not a bad price £3300.
im so glad im not the only one who has booked my 2008 holiday

i have 2weeks for 2 adults n 1 child (free place) staying at the club atrium apartments 16th june-1st july for a very good price of

£845.............

that includes our free child place, extra 5kgs each and our flight meals....

the best thing is that its a highly rated hotel on here, and ive not heard a bad word said about it....

counting down the days

is it sad to be this excited :lol: :lol:
who did you book that with Zelda?

I am holding off for the Thomas Cook sales weekends in Oct.
Hi There,

Could you please elaborate on the above. I'm looking at booking with Thomas Cook next year. We always go DIY but this time it's quite a lot cheaper booking a package!

Thanks,

Chillout
Hi

Keeping my eye on the prices for 3 weeks to antalya next july, flight only prices are still quite high. Do you know when the TC sale starts? keen to book early if I can save a bit as flights to antalya are always more expensive than to dalaman or bodrum. We usually have to fly from Manchester rather than Scotland to get the flights we want at a reasonable price. Any tips, advice etc appreciated
Lara
Hello All

We already have our flights booked for next year with Onur at just £70pp all-in (MAN-BJV).

Last year we had booked flights early with XL, and they got cancelled on us. However, we were very lucky that we happened to land on First Choice who had just released their cheap web based fare sale.

In the hope of helping someone else looking for cheap flights for next year, I would keep an eye on their website around the last week in October. We booked our flights on the 30th, and I was told then that they release around 20 discounted tickets per flight on their website. Hopefully they will do the same again this year. We paid £102.50 pp last year.

We are off to Santorini in 36 hours, so will be away from the forum for the next week or so.

Hope that this helps.
I've booked 2008. I'm off to Olu Deniz and staying at the Hotel Alize. I'm going on the 30th June. Anyone else going around this time?
i booked through jmc.....

i was also told a little bit of useful information from my travel agent that the free kids places are only available 1 per flight.

it does make a difference of about 240 quid, so if you dont mind booking earlier.

ive just looked on the thomas cook website

14nts staying at the club atruim flying from manchester 16/6/08-01/07/08

2 adults n 1 child

b/b £850--- very basic rooms, no cooking facilities or fridge
s/c £950 ---- attic sytle room (studio)

not bad really for 2 weeks is it. go onto http://www.thomascook.com
booked with Aegean Flights £100 per person :lol:
ive also booked for 2008 luxury appartment for 6 for £500 and flights with aegean at £80 each thats less that £200 each for 2 weeks after going privately for the last 2 years i dont think i would go with a tour operator again yu get all the extras in an appartment like a toaster kettle full cooker washing machine microwave and dvd and plenty of room no more using the living room as a bedroom this time we actually have 3 bathrooms.
zeldamcglen

Your travel agent is wrong telling you porkies, I have a free child place with TC and I done a search for a friend and it came up with a free child place. It also goes on hotel rooms, I took a look at cosmos and the hoterl club pacific in side has a free child place for all dates from the 17 aug 08 to the 07 sep 08, but at the hemera there is only a free child place on the 07 sep.

Something I noticed with my booking with thomas cook is the flight supplement, with a free child its £64 per person and without a free child its £54 per person, the free child is as free I thought. They try and claw back some, I am going to contact my travel agent and have her look into it.
i thought the same thing as you (cant think of a username)

i booked my holiday first, then my sister wanted to book her's after but the places werent available on the system even though it said there was.

i tried this for several dates ranging from may-july and nothing for the both of us.

the are quite a few rooms left at our hotel both s/c rooms and b&b rooms but none with a free childs place after i had booked.

its all very confusing isnt it.

you flight supplement is quite alot- i only paid 2 flight supplements @ £25.00 each total £50.00

i would have a word with your travel agent

the only child cost i have had to pay is his meal which is £8.00

i hope my travel agent wasnt tell me porkies as its my friend from school ;-)
zeldamcglen

You must of got the last free child place. The other thing what happens the tour op will release another batch of free child places,t o the annoyance of people who booked a week earlier and didn't get a free child place.

I couldn't believe I got a free child place for my 13 year old daughter to the hemera, side. I only booked a couple of weeks ago and grabbed the free child price, thats after I was going to book with portland for £500 less when portland suddenly raised the price by at least 40%. I was gutted and was not going to miss the free child price with TC. TC still have free child places for 26 aug next year to the hemera side and cosmos have free child places through aug for the club hotel pacific in side turkey.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.