General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Well many thanks for your advice guys.

I did what you said and managed to book our holiday to tunisia as 4 adults shaving £172 off the original price.

It pays to be informed and this is why I love forums......knowledge is key.

Thanks again guys and gals!
What happens when you have to put details in i.ename and date of birth etc.
hi is it still ok to book children as adults on a package holiday??

thanks emma
It is indeed :) But do be aware they will be treated as adults in terms of flight meals etc etc xx
hi we have booked our hotel this year and paid adult price for our kids and saved quite a bit of money doing it this way was just wondering if anyone new if we can still use the kids clubs as we piad adult price. thanks jo
Jo, can't see why you would have any problem with using the Kids club :)
As far as I'm aware, regarding the likes of Thomas Cook/Tui/FC etc.. providing you have booked a package regardless of how the party has been booked Ie children going as adults - you are entitled to use the kids clubs provided by the tour operator.

If however, you've booked acom only - you are not generally entitled.

Tx
Hello! :)

This possibly is a daft question but although we have travelled to various destinations its never come up in our family before!

Ive been looking on Direct Holiday Website to book a week half board in Tenerife.

As we only have one son of 16 left at home its for two adults and one "child"

My query is - do we "have" to class him as a child when booking - the price for the apartments half board is cheaper when putting in three adults than two adults and a child.

If we book as three adults will someone query this when we travel/show the passport at the hotel or whatever?

I would obviously rather save a few pounds but peace of mind and not worrying is more important to us!

And quite honestly he is adult sized and needs adult meals etc so I dont feel as if Im deceiving anyone. :really

Should I put him in as a child or an adult, any help would be much appreciated.
I would have thought that he was classed as an adult at 16 anyway so I would book for 3 adults. I know my friend had to pay adult price for her 12 year old last year.
Thank you Kedi!

I wish I had known this years ago when booking a two bedroomed apartment and paying two adults and four children under occupancy

I would have saved a fortune if I had just booked six adults! :(

Ah well ya live and learn - thanks so much it will save us a bit of dosh! :wave:
We only have one child aged 7 - last year when we were pricing round holidays in the Thomas Cook shop they looked online to see if it would be cheaper putting my little one in as an adult. Although we get free child places we always get stung for under occupancy!! Can't win.

So if the travel agents do it to price up holidays, it must be ok to put your son in as an adult I would of thought.
Exactly, having taken four children away in the past I know what its like!

Stupidly we never thought that we could do this before, and always paid the under occupancy.

I think doing a lot of DIY and booking through the likes of Alpharooms has put me off booking a package and we havent done this for years now, always DIY, however this package is not a bad deal for half board.

The more I think of it, booking "adults" is the better option...............I am assuming that when the Rep meets you at the airport this wouldnt be an issue, if child bookings are supposed to be up to 17? :que I dont want to end up like Delboy on holiday telling my son to pretend he is a different age! :really

Thats the only bit that concerns me, the rep looking at passport and saying he should be booked as child
Hi Helena Handbasket ... I have merged your enquiry with this earlier topic, so that you can also read previous opinions on this issue.

David :wave
Thank you David!

Reading through the thread back to 2007 has really reassured me now, I was a bit worried that such a booking might be queried on arrival at the airport.

So glad I logged in this morning! :wave:
The travel agent done this for us a few years back , booked my children as adults because it was cheaper than free child place and then the under occupancy .... we were well chuffed
booked with thomsons online last night price for 4 adults 1246. Price for 2 adults and 2 children 1618. Rang to confirm okay to book as four adults today and told would have to pay extra. Everything on the holiday is the same it is a one bedroom apartment, same flights, and there are no children facilities at the apartments (ie clubs). Had to cancel booking as customer service operator said would travel at our own risk?? Anyone else encountered same problem. Cant afford the higher price?
I've certainly never come across that, especially in SC apartments where there are no additional facilities for children in the way of an activities programme etc for them. The costs are going to be the same for Thomson whether 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children go. I'd be tempted to phone again - you're bound to get a different operator - and ask again as if asking it for the first time. You never know, you might have got someone when you first phoned who was literally making it up as they went along because they didn't know the answer!

SM
Thats rediculous - I have done it before IN THE SHOP ! the staff even suggested it. I would phone your local shop and ask them, I be they will do it for you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.