General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Boston
5 Posts
We were in Boston over the school holidays and past through it again last Saturday on our way to the airport. I feel quite shaken up that had this all happened a week earlier than it did we could have been caught up in it all.
I have a friend who lives near Boston and he has been keeping in touch via Facebook. Although where he lives isn't affected by the lock-down, his offices are closed and many of his staff are unable to leave their homes.
My OH did the marathon last year so he was imagining what it must have been like. When we were watching the footage I was also imagining how I would have reacted, with not being able to get him on his mobile. He is running the Hamburg marathon on Sunday and there is going to be a tribute during it. Also he has looked out his Boston cap to wear.
I've just been watching the celebrations in Boston now the two have been hunted down. Isn't it good to see the appreciation for the police? I do wonder if in our country there wouldn't be the back slapping and handshaking, but an investigation instead to see why one of the suspects died during the hunt.
Sorry - just realised I put the thread on the wrong forum. Could someone move it to General Chat for me please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.