Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Breakfast
23 Posts
Where ever you go you can get a good breakfast, but be very wary, of the cafs bars, that are advertising english bacon, remember it takes on average 24 hours, from house to hotel, for people to get there, so this bacon has come out of some ones freezer, into a case, been put on a plane, hung around airports, and been in the heat of Goa, before ending up in this cafe/bar.

Last year the only time my husband and I were ill, ( my husband was ill for 3 days at one time) was when we had had an english breakfast with real english bacon. English breakfasts can stay in england as far as we are concerned.
hi, spot on there ,have tea and toast at the redonda at the circle calangute ,say hello to are long time friends waiters rocky and prakash.
We love the Redonda too. The best place to watch the world go by. Good breakfasts as well.
hi there there is no problem with taking your own bacon we froz\e it put in a small frezer bag with ice packs we arrived at our hotel the bacon was still fully froz\en we then put in fridge at hotel to defrost and asked them to make us bacon butties at breakfast they were prerfect we also gave them a packet for themselves to try moral being if you take the proper precautions it is all good
toe there is a difference between taking a small supply for your own use, and selling it in a caf/bar, but the people who are using it in the caf/bars are using catering packs of 5 or more kilos, and buying off the people who have smuggled it in, so obviously it goes back into there freezer, this bacon has been frozen when bought, defrosted on the journey, then frozen again. Never again, will I have english bacon in a caf/bar.

Remember this is in cafes or bars, where did they get there bacon from.
:wink: Alysans!!! This is found on the track down to the beach heading towards Fishermans Paradise shack - (track by St Anthonys Chapel - church in middle of road!). We try to stop there most of the time for breakfast. VERY clean, lovely family! Omelettes to die for!
Papa,

Good breakfast close to the Nizmar EASY......Kenny's breakfast place. Opposite side of the road from the Hotel as you walk to Calangute, although he's not open yet (been concentrating on getting his rooms ready to rent out), he should be open very soon.

Tomitma,

Most of the cafes that advertise English Bacon actually buy it from Brendan the English Butcher out here. He provides bacon, sausages and ham to a lot of the restaurants and shacks in the North and even to a few in the south. He cures the bacon and makes the sausages and ham at his house in Arpora.

GFF xx
Love a big full english breakfast as it sets me up for the day, is there anywhere near to The Prazeres in Candolim or perhaps a shack on Candolim beach where I can get a nice full english? Lenny :D
There's a lovely place called Chocolatti on the main Candolim Rd (as you leave the Prazeres road turn left then it's on your right a few metres down). I can't remember if it does the full english but I remember my boyfriend loved their sausage and scrambled eggs on toast!
For a good english breakfast, try "Why Not Prayjots" near the Falcon Resorts. Awesome food and great staff.
Is it only me who looks forward to food for months in Goa, then when i get there i find its too hot to eat. I never have breakfast on holiday, although on the first few days of being there i live off curry, lunch and dinner.
The Log Cabin, Calangute do a mean english breakfast and their sausage sarnies are lovely :D

Jules
Yummymummy,

I agree, I find it way too hot to eat over there, this year I hardly ate for the whole 2 weeks due to the heat, it was awful as there are so many nice things to try and its just like torture !!

I will have to try much harder in Feb when I go back !!

Rach
I know rach, its not good. One night i was looking forward to eating a big plate of chicken balti closely followed by a gorgeous coconut pancake, but all i could manage was a bowl of tomato soup :(
I wish i was like that at home, and not on holiday. Would do my figure the world of good :lol:
was you on anti - Malaria tabs by chance
Yes, might that have something to do with it ?
one of the many side effects I had - came off them and within 24 hours was eating well again - going to Goa and not enjoying the food defeats one of the objects
I was on them as well but I was fine here, it was only when I got to Goa that I changed and then as soon as I got back I was fine again..much to my horror !!!

At least I know in future if I ever need to diet, its another valid excuse to jet off to Goa :fly !!
I think im the same as Rach, im fine at home when i take the anti malaria tablets, but when i get to Goa i suddenly go off my food, which is a shame because thats the main reason we go, for the lovely food.
Nevermind, im off to Goa again in Jan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.