Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
This is OLD news. Some time ago the idea was floated and it was pointed out that should the EU decide to go down that road then the UK would do the same, it has also been suggested that UK driving licences woud not be valid and again the same answer - two can play at that!
https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/28001/valencia-tourist-board-rails-against-eu-post-brexit-visa-fee

Also from 'thinkspain. com' in another article dated 6th March 2018 (I can't get the link to work)

AIRPORT taxes for next year will go down by 12% - three times as much as initially planned – in a bid to encourage growth in the air travel industry.According to minister for public works Íñigo de la Serna, taxes – which were frozen for 2017 – will still only go down by 3% in 2018 as originally announced and by 5% in 2020, but for 2019 they will be slashed by 12% instead of the 4% agreed at first.De la Serna made this announcement during the opening ceremony of the World Air Travel Management Conference, and said these reductions would means Spain's airport taxes became the lowest in the European Union.Last year saw a record number of foreign tourists arrive in Spain by air – in fact, Enaire, the mother company of airports governing body AENA, reported 52 consecutive months of increases in arrivals.Airport taxes normally directly affect the price of flights, and they also influence carriers' operational decisions, including whether or not to set up new or keep existing bases in Spain.
Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2018-03-21 20:27:12
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.