Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Bruges
33 Posts
Thanks for your help Pippy.
Hi

Can anyone recommend a nice, central and cheapish hotel in Brugge? We will be staying for five nights and the max budget is £300...would love a spacious room and a hotel that has a pool and a nice bar! can anyone help?

cheers
MsH
Hi

Have you looked at the Novotel? My husband's parents stopped there in May and said that it was a nice hotel - very clean, friendly and close to all the attractions.

Here's the link:

http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1033/fiche_hotel.shtml

U2fan
does anyone know a cheap B&B near central station, we are going on a mini cruise and they drop us of at the station and don't want to wander round with over night bag!
As it isn't listed within the Belguim hotels, I thought I'd give a short review of the Novotel Brugge Central here...

The hotel has got to be one of the best bargains in Brugge. The room cost approx. £60 per night, including breakfast. It's located close to the heart of Brugge, just a few minutes walk from the Minnewater (Lake of Love) and the Markt square, and approx 10 minutes walk from the railway station.

As it's located within a courtyard off the main road, it's very quiet. The Reception / communal areas were very modern, and there's an outdoor pool if you visit in the summer months.

The room was basic but very clean and it had all the usual amenities you'd expect in a 3* hotel. The TV even had BB1, BB2 and ITV1, so we were able to watch the semi finals of Strictly Come Dancing (sad, I know!).

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and even went online to get us the train times to and from Brussels.

The breakfast normally costs 14 euros each, but it was included in our room rate. It was excellent - a comprehensive choice of hot and cold food which you help yourself to. (The bread was so fresh!)

I've stayed in quite a few hotels in Brugge at the cheaper end of the market, and this has to be the best value by far. If you want somewhere cheap, central and clean, I'd definately recommend it!

Link: http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1033/fiche_hotel.shtml
U2fan
U2fan - I have added it to our review section now so you can add your review - thanks ;)
You will find it HERE

Kath HT Admin
Just perusing the boards & came across this post, my old favourite city Brugge, been here many times & you've reminded me i need to go again :)
Its been a while since my last visit, so whats the most reasonably priced accomodation & situated centrally.
I guess the city is as busy as ever with tourists :)
Hi Lloydies - I can highly recommend the Novotel Brugge Central (see my post above). I've stayed in many hotels in Brugge at the cheaper end of the market, and this was the best value by far and in an excellent location.

U2fan
Recently came back from a weekend in Bruges and stayed in the Heritage Hotel - just behind the main square. What a fantastic hotel - the staff make everyone feel special and will do anything to make sure you have a lovely stay. They turn down your bed of a night and leave a card saying sleep well and then when you wake up in the morning there is a card under you door telling you what the weather is going to be for that day.

I really had a great time here and if anyone has any questions please ask and I will try an answer them.

happy holidays.

Pauline
hi all . considering a weekend in Bruges over the may bank holiday , just hubby and I ,but wondering the best and easyest way of getting there from london. cant see flights by easyjet/ryanair so would I be right in thinking the normal route would be eurostar , but also wondering how easy and practical it would be to just drive using the channel tunnel. Has anyone been from London/ essex that could help me . My other option is Ljubljana in slovenia but easyjet flights are too expensive over spring bank holiday .

lyn
Lyn, any time we go over to Belgium we use Eurostar, mainly because the ticket includes same day onward travel to any Belgian station; the train to Brugge leaves from Brussel Zuid (Eurostar arrival station), every half hour or so, and takes about an hour. At the other end, it's only a short taxi (or bus) ride to your hotel. Much easier than driving IMO
Cheers
thanks DH .is it an easy change of trains and how long is the journey to brussels. dont want to be getting stressed . :D

lyn
The journey to brussels is 1hr 50 mins or there abouts, did it last week and thought it was fantastic. very easy and much less stressful than flying. No airport nightmares and you can check in 30 mins before departure.
Lyn, as Jessop says, less than 2 hours to Brussel Zuid, then it's just reading the screens to find the right platform for Brugge, and off you go. Simple.
thanks to both of you . Maybe a good time to cash in some of my Tesco vouchers for the Eurostar :tup

lyn
you can get some great deals as well we only payed £60 return! keep an eye out and book early for the good deals as it can get quite expensive if you book to late ;)
Yes im going to start looking this week .I will check with eurostar that I can use the clubcard vouchers over the late may bank holiday and check the deals on offer then if all good I will get that part sorted and look for accomodation after.

thanks

lyn
he he we are thinking of going back over around may time aswell :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.