Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
the reason you can't find it on the Metro is because the link is by main line train!

Eurostar use the main city station which is called Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi depending on which language the sign is in. Trains run about every 10-15 minutes and take about 30 minutes. Make sure they get there early enough, Eurostar have an airline style check in deadline and it will be busy. If they need to hang around in the early hours do it at the airport. Suitable departures on Saturday would be

06:04 destination Gand St Pierre/Gent St Pieters
06:17 dest. Brussel Zuid
06:31 dest Queivrain
Thanks for the reply Steve, can you advise where/how they buy their tickets for the local train and how much approx ?

I'm trying to make it almost a walk through email for them as they're not experienced travellers. Are you saying they can get on any of those trains with those destinations and get off at Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi ?

Thanks again
It's 10 years since I was there and I can't remember anything except the beer shop in duty free!! Unfortunately the airport website is only doing arrivals and departures at the moment due to the volume of enquiries. The station will be signposted either with a train pictogram or the name B-Rail or (very old) SNCB-NMBS, I suspect there will also be something in English.

the fare is €5.05 (which includes €2.05 airport development tax!). According to the B-Rail website the ticket office doesn't open until 06:40 and knowing the way the company is run they won't do anything special to help the restart of air services! So they should use the ticket machines which will need Euros. There is a €3 fine if they pay on the train but they could try asking a conductor on the platform, they will speak English.
Thanks Steve, that helps........I guess by the time they finally get back over a week late from Sharm via Brulles, via Taba they'll be after the beer shop themselves :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.