Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If you can't, jump in a taxi and you'll find somewhere soon enough. You will need a passport phot aswell as your ID though.
But it wont be much good in Goa as you will be on "roaming tariff " when you get to Goa . I was delayed in Bomaby airport for 7 hours last year and asked the nice indian guys if i could just text my taxi driver in goa to say i be late and i used 4 different guys mobiles , they didnt mind at all .Theres a free computer to use in the Airport you could always while away your time on that .
I have always used my Airtel goa sim card in Mumbi no problem.Also runs my laptop aswell ;)
Split but when i bought a sim card in Bombay a few years ago the minute i got to Goa i was roaming and it cost me to receive calls .Maybe its changed now .
imho wrote:
Split but when i bought a sim card in Bombay a few years ago the minute i got to Goa i was roaming and it cost me to receive calls .Maybe its changed now .

Right Imho :duh ,I think maybe the lap top sim card could be different as has to be set up to connect on line as well when you first get it ,so makes sense .there are several types out there ,would be worth it if he had time to go to the local shop near the airport and enquire first.
I went into a local shop to ask if it would work in Goa and they said yes which they were right but when i was there for 6 months and it would have stayed on roaming i just dumped it and bought Airtel in Goa.
When i go travelling my Goa Airtel sim goes on roaming and i have to pay for incoming calls and i think when i text to Goa it cost me more as well .I found out that the best way to top up if you are out of Goa is to get a friend to top up for you in Goa as you keep more of the top up cash cause in Kerala you put on 550rs and got 200rs if you topped up in Kerala
Many thanks for replies. I will revert to my original plan and buy a SIM in Goa.... so is Airtel the best card?
I find its ok for me and i have its on life time contract. Its good to connect to laptop and use for 14-15rs a day but Vodafone is available in Goa now and of course there is Idea sim as well.I would just look for one that has a offer on as when you top up 750rs most times you get only 500rs or if there is offer on you get all of top up.I always feel i am being ripped of when they do that cause if i top up my English sim what i pay is what i get .
We have always used Airtel and find them best for our use with the lap top,its a life long card and cost
last year arround 3300 rps but is different and have to ask for that particular card,and also be used for calls and text. some of the Airtel places do deals about once a week where you get all talk time so worth asking,the guy in the shop will tell you when the deals are coming .We just take the card out in the UK and top up again when we get back.
will be interested to see if vodaphone do the internnet connections and compare the prices.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.