Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Cabo Roig help
2 Posts
Hi
I am just back from this area and I had a great time.... If you are in Cabo Roig it really is the best place for younger people. There is a strip with bars and restarants and it gets busy. July should be very busy. It is not a clubbing resort but there are plenty of bars to enjoy including the Bushwacker bar. Eating out in the chineese is very cheap, you can get menu of the day for 7 euros each.... this includes 3 courses and a glass or bottle of wine between 2. Wine is very cheap in the supermarket ... we were paying just over 1 euro for a bottle and it was very nice and light.... Up at the La Zenia roundabout there is the best value chineese ever, beside the footbridge. Paddys point bar is good craic but it has an older crowd, great for a drink though.
One thing I would say is be VERY carefull in the waters. There are a few beaches very close together .... playa flamenca, la Zenia and Cabo Roig. There is a beautiful costal walkway connecting the 3 beaches. Cabo Roig seems to be the calmest and safest.... I spent most of my time on La Zenia beach and I saw a girl pulled out who drowned... It was one of the saddest things I've seen.... The spanish emergency services took 4 others to hospital that afternoon in 2 separate incidents. Beware of the very strong currents and a hidden rocky dip under the sea in La Zenia.... The lifeguards start work in higher season and they wont let u into cartain parts of the sea if its rough. Cabo Roig seemed much safer.
You should have a great time... Cabo Roig beach is within easy walking distance to the strip... listen to the lifeguards and have a great time :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.