Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I also agree with what Helen said. We did the 3 day mini cruise two years ago. Its very tiring........ theres a lot of Travelling In the coach etc........ but Its worth It when you see the Pyramids In the distance, while youre on the road. :D

My children were 9 and 11 when we went ....... there was a younger child on board, but he was very bored. Not for smaller children I would say :oops:
If people prefare the 3 day sailing option, thats fine. But the 1 day flight trip , which is probably less demanding is another choice to consider.There have been several reports on the 1 day trip on this forum previously.
We went on the 1 day flight from Paphos to Cairo in March and it was a wonderful, but very long day ( 0600 - 2300 hrs ) I think you get more time in Cairo with the flight, as you haven't got the transfer from Alexandria. We went with Sea Island in Paphos and were very pleased with the whole trip, even the temperature in Cairo was pleasant and not too hot. We would certainly go again despite the cost, but I would not reccommend it for children.
Agree with bellavista, it's a full day of activity, not suitable for young children though...

ATB,J.
Do it!!!! Though I agree avoid bring small children. But other wise its an incredible experiance. My favorite moment was walking up on the ship at 6 am and seeing the sun beaming in and looking out the cabin window at port Said. It was so exotic and different. it was sheer magic. I dream of going back to Egypt!!!! :hyper
I was on the 1st may trip,if you go here,also watch out for the touts,those guys were harder to get rid of than a rash :lol: and another 1 to watch out for is the guys on cammels,its said that if you take a photo of the pyramids with the cammel on it,he's within his right to charge you for the privalidge as he owns the cammel....me and my m8 was on cammel watch 8)
Also be wary of any trader who gives you free gift. I didn t fall for it but others did. They shove (or force) the gift into your hand say its free then scream when you walk off and try to make you pay!! And of course anyone who wants to take photos will ask for money :? !!! But if you are open minded and prepared Egypt is magic :D !!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.