Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Mary

please read the pm

Biff
  • Edited by Biff 2008-06-16 21:19:47
    post removed by Biff
Katherine, Cala Blanca is not a very lively resort but it is near enough Cala N Bosch to catch the bus in on a night and also only about 10 minutes away from Ciutadella, where you will find as many restaurants and bars as you need and couldnt possibly visit in 8 days. There is a scuba diving place ( or at least there was last year) up near the Titanic Bar at Cap D'artruix (Cala N Bosch). Cant help you on the boat thing but maybe someone else will.
We have never actually stayed in Cala Blanca, we always stay in CNB but have taken the bus and walked into Cala Blanca a couple of times. Its nice to watch the sun go down sitting at the Blarney Stone bar. We went July last year and again the first week in October and got a right tan, weather was lovely.
Hope this helps.
Linsi
Thanks linsi, yeah that helped a lot, i really cant wait i was actully looking for more of a relaxing holiday for me and my partner anyway so this is brill thanks
Hi katherine.

We've visited Cala Blanca quite a few times, although have never stayed there. As the previous post said, its only a short bus journey to Calan' Bosh, which has lots of lovely bars and restaurants around the marina. It also has a lovely beach. You can walk into Santandria and Sa Caleta (both very small resorts) from Cala Blanca. Theres a lovely bar/restaurant in Santandria called Sa Nacra which overlooks the sea. Also as you walk down to the beach in Santandria there is a lovely restaurant on the right hand, used to be called Sa Quadra, not sure if it still has the same name.

Also, a short bus trip takes you into Ciutadella, the old capital which has some nice bars, shops and eating places. You can connect here to visit other resorts on the island, all buses stop in the square and the buses are very regular. (You need to buy a ticket from the little booth before you get on any buses from the square) Theres a couple of good squares in Cala n Forcat (bus takes about 20 minutes from Ciutadella) which have live music on in the evenings, and in the 'Jimmy Hill's Square' there is a late bar which stays open till, I think 6 am! Im far too old for that now, but some girls in our aparthotel visited a few nights and said it was a really good night out. :pele :glynis

Theres a smallish water park in Cala'n Forcat and I believe there is one in Cala'n Bosh too.

Have a lovely time, and if you need any further info, let me know :wave:

Best Regards

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.