Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
samuel50, There is plenty of bars in Cala Millor that are open past 12 but the resort is predominately geared for Germans . Have you considered Santa Ponsa? I think that might be what you are ooking for. CBG
Hi Samuel, I go to Cala Bona regularly and the pubs and bars are open later than midnight. :cheers My boyfriend can finish work late (1am) and usually goes for a beer before going home. I'm in my early 30's, and love Cala Bona but I must confess that I am not a big drinker, so may not be the best person to comment on the nightlife - but there definitely is one.

Its a ten minute walk to Cala Millor (from Cala Bona), so I can't see the bars shutting at midnight when it is livelier resort. Both resorts are very friendly, :wave and I've often gone into bars where people are obviously on their own, but are chatting with everyone else in there.

Neither Cala Millor or Cala Bona are your 18-30 resorts though, so if thats what you mean by lively, I think you'd be better off trying Palma Nova or Magaluf. There are other posts in this forum about Cala Millor and Cala Bona, which may help to give you a better idea of what the resorts are like. Louise
Just Back from Cala Millor,

Lovely resort. Sea front full of cafes and restaurants. Unfortunately for the young at heart most of these close at midnight. There is a few pubs scattered around that will stay open after midnight but its not like malaga were you have a street full of bars. The pubs open after midnight are spread around the resort. need to do a bit of walking. Resort is for families and wrinklies and Germans.

Colin B Northern Ireland
Going to Cala Millor for second time in June this year. Lovely spot. I don't agree its for "wrinklies". Most decent Med resorts cater for Germans and if I see reports or reviews that say its "mostly for Germans" then that's a sure fire sign that the bars and restaurants are top notch and clean as the Germans expect that kind of thing. So if it's German friendly then that's a sign of approval as far as I'm concerned.

I've been to Santa Ponsa and although I enjoyed it, it's more of a cheap drink as much as you can vomit and run drunkenly wild about the place kinda resort. The less said about Magaluf the better - full of drunken, violent Brits outs their heads I wouldn't set foot back in that place.
:DI always thought Santa Ponsa was a more sedate place . Perhaps it was once.
This is actually an old thread so Cala Millor has probably seen great change.
Have a great holiday!
We stayed next door in Cala Bona many years ago & walked into Cala Millor, can't remember what it was like unfortunately. Have heard it's got it's fair share of nightlife though.

Enjoy 👍
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.