Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
hi me and my family have been to the caleta amarilla 3 times going back 4 christmas the rooms are basic but very clean.The food is v-good the pools as well we like the A side not to much noise from the water games.
Yes I agree the food is very good, some of the food was cooked in front of you, its one of the best places we have been to for food, the rooms are ground level appartments, with a terrace out side, the pool areas were nice, there was entertainment in the lower pool bar. couldn't say where would be the best rooms, ours was just to the right of reception and quite at night, it was basic and clean
Just got back from caleta amarilla and have posted a review on hotel guide. We travelled as a couple and had a fantastic time, not sure what your looking for? if you want noisy fun and games during the day and a lively time during the evening with people throwing themselves in the pool even at midnight then go for the B side on the other hand if you want to join in all the fun on the B side but sometimes have a quiet night sitting on the terrace of your villa then go for the A side.(we were on the A side and I prefere it).If there is anything else you would like to know just ask. We are going to try and go back in september we loved it so much. This is a family friendly aparthotel the evening entertainment ends at 12oclock so any fun around the pool on the B side soon goes quiet. :D
Hello I'm seeking people who stopped at the Caleta Amarillo Apartments in Caleta De Fuste in August 2003. I am currently in dispute with the tour operator as my son got salmonella whilst we stayed at this all inclusive hotel.

The tour operator has recently sent me an audit which was carried out by the public health department in August 2003, which doesn't make very good reading.

I am looking for people who stayed there at that time and whose children were also ill to see if you are also pursuing claims. :(
Thanks for the replies so far.

I've read the balcony's face each other, about 6ft apart with no privacy. Is this true? Is there any rooms which face the pool, etc. therefore more private?

Thank you in advance.
Marco
The rooms i use r 47A 46A 45A 44A great pool view . Going at xmas and new year with family already booked the rooms.
Thanks Tracy,

How did you book the actual rooms? Did you contact the hotel direct? If so have you got an email address or something?

Cheers
Marco
you could try ringing them 0034928163125 i booked mine last xams for this year. if u look in the first choice winter book u will see the 4 rooms we use mines right next to the bar.
Hi all, :?:

Have just been looking through here, brochures and hotel reviews and liked the look of the Caleta Amarilla apts in Caleta de Fuste. It will only be for me and a 4 year old in January.

I have noticed on the reviews that people pay self catering and then upgrade at the hotel to all inclusive because it is a cheaper option...but as ive not come across this before (have either been half board or s/catering) don't know what to do.

If anyone has any suggestions Id love to hear them, and also if anyone has any comments on the apartments. I know they are 1.5km to the beach, but is it easily reachable on foot? or taxis/buses cheap etc?

Also...lol just one other thing...some countries have a restriction on the length of time you will have need to have held a driving licence for in order to drive...is it a minimum of 1 year or 3 years on this island?

Many thanks for any assistance...

From a Mum with a holiday bug...lol

Karen x :)
8) Hi karen,
The amarilla apts are fine, walking distance to the beach isnt a long way and shouldnt be too demanding for your 4 year old!
The Apartments are clean and look nice, the choice of upgrading when you get there is probably worth looking into first, check with the hotel to see if that option is available when you need it! January should be ok, but remember, after christmas lots of people like to get away and unwind, so check the options direct with the hotel first.

Finally taxi,s are not expensive and plenty of them, and more frequent than other services, the walk back to the apartments is the hardest, because you will be going back uphill and after a day on the beach, would probably be tiring! walk down, taxi back!!!

happy hols

laurie
:D
Laurie,

Thank you for your help..

Have had a complete change of plan here tho and Rather than taking a "smaller" holiday in January and then another in June that we would take one bigger one between then...

Have just booked 2 weeks to a Riu Resort on the Dominican Republic... :D thought me and my boy deserved a treat...so all inclusive in the sun it is...lol

Will certainly keep this place in mind for the September holiday next year.

Thanks Karen x
Just returned from there, great hotel. I did see info about upgrading to IA from SC but we went AI anyhow so didn't take a great deal of notice. Another option getting back from the beach is the land train which takes you to the shops and bars only 4-5 mins walk to the caleta amarilla, this costs €2.

Enjoy the caribean, but well worth keeping this acom in mind for later in the year.
We have booked to stay in the Calleta Amarilla in April 05 and have read from various reviews that there have been several break-ins at the complex - please advise it this has happened to you recently - if so which side of the complex where you staying in (A or B)?

Also, if anyone has stayed on the B side - can you please let me know the room numbers which are situated further away from the entertainment bar.
Hi Bex,

We stayed there last Nov and didn't hear of any break-in's.

We also stayed on the B side, in apartment B15 which is directly opposite the pool then the ents bar, which was a little noisy but nothing irritating, the higher the number the further away it seems from what I can recall.

One useful tip, if your AI, the food is a little repetative, but pretty good quality, but there are two sittings for evening meal time, we found it better to go just after 7pm as there is usually a joint of pork or turkey or steaks cooking at that time, the earlier sitting is ok but more of a childrens menu.

Hope you enjoy your holiday (think there may be room in your suitcae for one largeish 35 year old...? :lol: )

Mark
Hi Mark,

:thanks Thanks for the info about the restaurant etc. I've contacted the hotel and have requested an apartment on the B side with a pool view preferably away from the ents bar - will just have to wait and see when we get there (3 weeks to go!) 8)

Bex

PS. Sorry no room available in my suitcase, I'm already taking a rather largeish 38 yr old - Sorry!
just got back from a week there on wednesday night, with me,wife and little boy(4), had an excellent time and the weather was great, we were in b20 which was ideally situated as you can sit out side your apppartment. and could here the music and only took 30 secs to go get another drink, dont forget the land train down to the harbour to see the two sea lions in the water, and also go past harbour to where coast is rocky to see loads of chip munks living on the rocks, enjoy your selves, we are going to book again for next year.

didnt hear of any breakins, also we had a dodgy lock which you had to push to lock door, so when the maid had been in she hadnt locked door twice in the week, but nothing was missing or had been touched, seems a very secure site to me
Hope you have a great time bex...I'm sure you will, anything else you need to know before you go just leave a message here and I'll do my best to help.

Mark
Hi Bex

I have stayed at the Calleta Amarilla twice and had a great holiday both times.

Food has always been of good quality. I stayed in B16 which was just by the pool. Great for nipping back to get changed or use the loo :shock:

Also, in the evening, we could sit outside the apartment and enjoy the entertainment with a drink, whilst the children were in bed.

Hope you have a lovely time :sun Please write a review when you get back.

Carol :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.