Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
????????????????????
Just back, if you wanna know what I know just ask!!!
Ive been too. Xmas 05. Was ace!! :D
Victoria , did you stay for new year and if you did just how good was it, and did they make a fuss over xmas?
thinking of doing it this xmas!
going on the 15 june can`t find much about this place can anyon tell me anything and do the men have to wear long tousers for evening meals or will 3 quarters do
thanx
Hi Shazza,

Dress code allows you to dress as you want really, shorts, three quarter lengths and long trousers even jeans are all worn, the russians tend to go over the top at times but they obviously dont get out much!

It,s all very relaxed, the only stipulation is bikini tops and bare chests are banned from the restaurant at all times.

Let me know if you want any more info, we found the hotel a little worn around the edges but a great place for a relaxing holiday!!
thanx dellboy. we are taking 11 and 13 yr olds will they be amused, whats there for kids. is it worth the grand we have paid, we also paid £25 extra for a room that will take up to 6 people, are the rooms very big? (won`t be spending much time in it) but i am the only female in my family and would like a bit of space
cheers
Shazza,
Let me just say I paid twice that and thought it was probably the best two grand i ever spent, well worth it.

We were in a family room that was indeed big, however it consisted of the main room with tv and beds in and the bathroom on the end, so my two girls 4 + 9 used the beds as trampolines and my wifes cosmetics took up the rest of the room, no seriously it was a bit dificult to get any real privacey but then they was always the balcony!

You don,t say if you,ve been to sharm before but the main activities at the calimera are the huge swimming pool, plus two smaller ones, with plenty of activity with the animation team, they cater for all age groups, or get yourself down the beach to go snorkelling which is fabulous, they also have table tennis, snooker tables, football courts, tennis courts and the staff are always ready to entertain and amuse.

The evening entertainment is full of energy and hard work but short on content but it will amuse you for an hour or so and then if your up to it its "Disco time" kids are allowed in too.

Say hello to "Shawkey" (pronounced sharkey) and Mario, tell them they are famous and you read about them on the internet and you will be treated like royalty! they are always working somewhere on site usually the bars.

The only word of warning I would offer if it is your first visit is to be aware when you arrive at sharm airport to get your visa before you line up for passport control and be carefull when you exit the airport as it does get a bit manic with the guys outside who try to carry your luggage for you to the coaches, if you don,t want them too a smile and a polite "la shokran" (no thank you) will suffice, or if you do let them make sure you tip them or your bags might not arrive at your hotel!

a final foot note, we,ve booked again for next year already and we were there when Dahab was bombed, we,re luvin it, luvin it, luvin it!! and hopefully so will you!
P.S. The foods great too!
hi dellboy, we haven`t been to egypt before just wanted a cheapie cos we`re off to tunisia in august. do we need a visa cos we`re not plannin on goin anywhere as it`s just for the week and we are goin with friends. if we like it that much we will probably go back next year for 2 weeks and can do all the tours etc then.thanx for the tips and i will tell sharkey and mario that they are famous
Hi shazza,
If your not leaving sharm then don,t worry about visa,s, say hi to sharkey for me (Phil, Kerry,Robyn & cody) he really will look after you! have a great week!
will do!! let you know when we get back
dellboy sorry to bother just thought i`d ask if there was any roaches, spiders etc in the rooms
cheers again
sharon
Shazza,

Sorry, but missed your post, back again now!! but am pleased to inform you that apart from your normal bugs that hang around grass and bushes we didn,t see anything scarrier than a little baby lizard, quite cute really, my 4 yr old even wanted to bring him home and could,nt understand why we could,nt put him in a little box and hide him in our suitcase!!! apart from that just a few mossies to contend with so take some bug repellent or deet or roll on stuff mainly for the evenings.
And don,t worry! you,ll be fine! and by the way your no bother!!
Hi All,
Off to the Calimera in July!
A few questions whats the beach like and do they provide towels for Pool,Beach etc.

Cheers

Bob
Hi Bob,

Lucky you! Don,t worry about towels at all, do,nt need to take any as fresh towels are available each day, when you arrive make sure you are given your towel ticket with your welcome pack, then simply take ticket to towel shack which is located at the right hand side of the pool bar and you get your yellow and white stripy towels, you change them as and when you wish over the holiday.
You will have clean white room towels already in your room on arrival, saves loads of room in your suitcase especially when you,ve got "three girls" in your party like I did.
The beach is made up of fine sand and crushed coral, still nice to walk on but rubbish for the really keen sandcastle makers, basic castles are ok but if you like to make award winning ones you might be dissapointed.
There are loads of sun shades on the beach as well as loungers and its never crowded and the beach bar is a must at lunchtimes!
Happi hols!
Cheers Dellboy,

Too much relaxing to do to worry about sandcastles!
hi everyone
my friend & i have booked to stay here in the 1st 2 weeks of may. just wondered if any of you will be staying at the same time or if you have visited in the past & have any useful info

thanks

nic :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.