EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
i was nicholases first customer and have never had a problem with them,
if you are looking to buy direct i know someone whoi is selling on the nichols garden complex in hisaronu 2/3 bed just been extended nice apartment.

**Email address removed as per the t&c of the site - Admin**
Hi Karen,

There's a bit of a slump in the property market at the moment - and so you're in a good position to haggle!

Having said that, you need to take a lot of things into consideration before buying.

To begin with; how do you know you want to live there? A two-week holiday gives you no insight to life there whatsoever. The winters are cold, wet, drab.............and very boring. I'd say the downsides outweigh the goodsides.

Secondly: to live a decent lifestyle out there (with all its difficulties) costs far more than you'd realise. Maybe money is not an issue for you; but if it is, then your home-in-the-sun could very quickly become a milestone around your neck. And trying to resell a Turkish property in a resort is notoriously hard. I know of two different couples who had to sell below the price they bought! :x

If you are really serious about moving out there, then the best advice I can give you is to rent a place for a year or so, and see how well you adapt. It will also give you opportunity to research the property market. There's a lot of sharks out there!!

As for the men/waiters/barmen (re: your other thread) Dadoooronron is wrong: most Turkish waiters do not have just one English girlfriend - they normally have about a dozen! :shock: And they always manage to find ones who are extremely generous! :?

Typically, the woman they chase after is older than they are (anything from 10 - 30 years+ :yikes ) and as soon as she lands back in Britain, her mobile is bombarded with text messages of undying love from him.

It happens time and time again, and there are even websites which women join, with the sole purpose of 'outing' him, once they've discovered he's a rat.

I do hope you think carefully before rushing into anything.

Strawberry
Thanks for the help :)
To begin with; how do you know you want to live there?

At the moment, Im considering buying an apartment for holiday purposes rather than full on move at this point, although I would LOVE to move onto buying a villa with pool etc, as Im selling and moving in the UK, I think that whole hog at this point is a bit ambitious, but still would like somewhere out there.

I am self employed here in the UK and cannot move by business abroad, so at the moment, Im limited to being here for the majority of the year, but am thinking of having a place so that on all school holidays etc I can be out in Turkey.

I do hope you think carefully before rushing into anything.

thanks :) my thoughts and feelings about having a place out in Turkey, are solely for my benefit and for that of my son, any decision isnt about any other person that I may have met while out there. I do fully know what happens, and in that way am a very realistic, if not totally cynical person :lol: so, think that the number of 10, is probably more accurate. No man is EVER a part of a decision I make here at home, and it wouldnt be that way over in Turkey either.

maverick57uk, I did have a peek at some of Nicholas homes places, some of them would be way at the top of my budget, but I was also told that they include a considerable amount for commission which buying privately wouldnt have, is that correct?

Thanks peeps

Karen x
First piece of advice is to slow down and let your head control your heart.

Secondly take your time and look at lots of properties with different estate agents.

Do not, whatever you do, buy from a friend of a friend who has an Uncle who just happens to have exactly what you are looking for

Use a solicitor when you decide to buy.

Take a look at calis-beach.co.uk .This forum focuses on your chosen area of Turkey and will answer most of your questions. You will also find truthful comments on the estate agents in the area.
karen you have been given very sound advice
take your time and have a good look round,
prices are very high in hisaronu and ovacik but are a bit cheaper in calis although if you have falling in love with hisaronu you won't be that keen on calis but it is getting built up and has a long pebble beach
fethiye is also cheap on property in tasika area, uzuma and delkis
but what ever you do dont by off a barman or waiter unless you have checked them out first
you do not need a uk solicitor turkish ones are better as the laws are far different than in the uk and there are a few hidden extras like notery translation and 3% goverment tax before you get the tapu/deeds
so just take your time and think you will not make fourtunes on rentals,
you will make your profit on the property if you buy it at the right price :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.