Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Personally

I would drive there

Because

Once on site you are stuck without a car
you will find that campsites abroad are a lot further from towns that the UK one unless you are extremely lucky
and sightseeing is a non starter unless you have your own transport especially with kids

as for companies you mention I wouldn't be able to advise as we go independent with our own caravan
Thanks Gray. We ended up booked on another site with Canvas as we couldn't get a caravan with a/c on this site. We're going to fly and then hire a car as it's too far to drive from Scotland with the girls.
We go to France every year so we're aware of the distances some sites can be from the nearest shop etc.
elaine80 Posted:
Thanks Gray. We ended up booked on another site with Canvas as we couldn't get a caravan with a/c on this site. We're going to fly and then hire a car as it's too far to drive from Scotland with the girls.
We go to France every year so we're aware of the distances some sites can be from the nearest shop etc.

Thats OK
We take our own tourer and obviously travel around by car the one thing that amazes me is the number of Brits who don't realise just where they are going and treat the places like a Haven site in the UK (wash my mouth out I HATE that Tiger and Bear)

This year we only did 1750 miles next year we are planning around 2500 miles (got a car that doesn't drink petrol at 12mpg for next year)

One of our favourite places doesn't have big firms :)
the local town doesn't have a taxi firm :lol:
the taxi from the airport would cost around €150 return :shock:
so it's a quiet fishing heaven for me :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.