Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We stay at a site in Argeles sur mer called L'Etoile Dor. We go in June so is usually quiet then so can't say what will be like in August but it is only a small site with supermarket, bar,restaurant and very nice pool. Laundry facilities are excellent. It is about 2 minutes by car to the beach or there is a little train or shuttle bus service to the beach if you don't want to drive.
We have booked again for 2005 it will be our 3rd year on the trot. Hope this is some help.
We went to Camping le Grand Large les Dunes at Serignan Plage not far from Beziers. Very good site about 30 seconds from the beach! Not joking, it is just behind the dunes.
Hi there.

I live just outside of Pezenas (about an hour's drive from Perpignan). I used to do the camping thing down here when I was a kid. I can recommend a campsite called Camping International, which is on the banks of the Herault river. The only down side to this campsite is that it's a short drive (5 mins) to the beach!!!

Best of luck and happy camping.

Simon.

EDIT: Post edited to remove link. As previously advised, if you wish to advertise your site please check out

David HT Mod
Hello....my friend worked this year on a site near to Perpignan, called Cala Go go in Argeles. its right on the beach, big with plenty to do erm think Keycamp/Eurocamp use the site if that interests you and know that Canvas use the site as thats who my mate worked for...well theres my lil add in for you
Go to Canet Plage! Camping Brasilia is so good. Right on the beach. Lovely pool, Good family holiday resort and a good base for sightseeing around the district. Lots of high mountain castles to visit, if you like that sort of thing. Villefranche de confluent well worth a visit, as are the caves just up the road from it.

Have a lovely time!
You can find a complete listing of all the campsites in the Languedoc at http://www.languedoc-holiday-guide.com/camping-in-the-languedoc.html
Hope this helps.

Simon.
Loads of sites down there you don't even need to book at that time of the year

We are going at the end of August with our caravan using Camping cheques their website is useful as it gives a good coverage

Don't forget the French municipal sites too they are very cheap

We used one last year and it came to less than £8 a night with electric
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.