General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
To be honest, if I was her Mum I'd be asking a lot of questions. She's only 15 and she's the legal responsibility of both her parents, whether it's been to court or not.
For your own peace of mind, get this sorted before you leave for your holiday. If you can't speak to your Mum why not write her a note explaining your plans.

Bridd
My advice would be to speak to you mum (however hard it may be) it would be best to have her permission to take your sister with you.

gail..........
I perhaps didn't make myself clear, before i booked this holiday i got permission from both my parents to take her with me.
But since the arguments have started with my mum, i am beginning to get the feeling that she may do something just to be spiteful.
I think talking to her will be out of the question as anything i say to her she turns it into an argument.
Looks like i might just have to keep my fingers crossed.
would your dad give you written permision for you to take your sister? Could your sister ask your mum for a letter saying its ok for her to travel? Maybe ring the travel agents and ask them if you need any permision to take your sister, i hope it all goes well for you. karen
Hi Michelle,
We are going abroad in 10 days time, we are also getting married out there, my son from a previous marriage is coming out a week later,with his girlfriend , he is 18 and she is 16, and I know that we had to hand a letter into the travel agents,that was written by her mother,giving permission for her to fly.

gail..........
I think giving permission is only required if your not with other adults, in the last case ithink it was need as they were travelling as a couple, i only know this as we take our neice away each yeaer with us who is only 14, we all have different surnames due to remarrieages etc and the children have never been asked for a letter. The 14 year old has a separate passport too.

If you are not prepared to ask her what the problem is then just wait and see, you never know, she may be asking as she might be using the opportunity to go away herself at the same time so taking advantage of a child free period!!
Thanks alot for the advice everyone. its much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.