Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Stardust, Have a look at santa lucia and aqua beach, (log onto majorca tourist information page ) it will give you the info you require,When you find a hotel click onto hybrid and you will have a sat image, Hope this helps Brian,
Hotel Sol Mirlos Tordos would be best a/i themed hotel not sure how oold you children are?.stones throw from beach.park back of hotel.and walk ways to shops 50mts.main road on other side of these two hotels.
Thanks for the advice funny enough my friend texted me last night and also recommended the Sol Mirlos so I am now looking at that one. My children will be nine and twelve when we go so although a little too old for the Flintstones theme the hotel certainly does have the overall fun entertainment package that appeals to us.

I am picturing the resort similar to our AI holidays in Benidorm ie so much going on around you that you're not tied to your hotel but everything is on hand for when you want it to be.
yes thats right all you need is only a small walk away.like 50mts if that.bars shops supermarket.beach across road.infact if you get the right rooms at top floor you can see the sea.best to goolge map it.and zoom a round.

theme parks are not far away from hotel either.like water park.just right for a 9 and 12 year old.don;t leave it too late to book this popular hotel resort.
hi your kids would love the sol mirlos/tordos . the hotel has everything the food is good and the entertainment is on nightly it's the flintstones theme . we are booked to go end of may my daughter was there last year and we are all going this year. i found direct holidays cheaper to book with but my daughter found thomas cook cheaper because of the child prices. we are on same flight and everything i know they have merged but you can try both anyway palma nova is good it's got a lovely beach .
Thanks everyone we popped into Thomas Cook yesterday and are down on their list to contact us next week with confirmed prices when next years holidays are live. We only went in to collect a brochure to try and get a bit more property info as I usually do everything online.

Looking at the brochures yesterday the Marina Torrenova hotel also appears to tick the boxes and reviews are on par with the Sol Mirlos so it's between the two now, unless anyone advises against this property?

I guess I am going to have to see what happens when the prices are actually live because at the moment as a guestimate by the agents and certainly according to the brochure for Thomas Cook there are no free child places at all at the Sol Mirlos. As I said price is not a huge issue but of course I am going to go for the cheaper option if the propertys and facilities are so similar.
palma nova as two beaches one either side of hotel santa lucia.plama nova beach and son matias.

Marina Torrenova is fine but on a hill.plus your near magaluf.nice beach but it will be full of stag and hen plus clubbers.at least Sol Mirlos is set away from all that.and its flat.like i say if you need to nip out of Sol Mirlos for anything its on your doorstep.i used to stay in this complex in the 90s.

forget grazy golf 54 holes is only a 10 min walk down the road.from Sol Mirlos.and staying at this hotel you can have a nice stroll along prom after evening meal.

if it was me and i had children Sol Mirlos would be my choice.like i say Marina Torrenova its a bit steep hilly round there.set back and not so good views.plus the cliffs?
Thanks again for the info its's certainly gave me some food for thought. I just keep on reading review after review and apart from location theres not much in it. I think if mine were a bit younger and would embrace the Flinstones theme I would have a definate winner but other than that I am still undecided.

I guess it all depends on what the agents come up with next week, I will keep you updated.

Thanks again for your help and advice so far, I appreciate it :)
Hiya just to update that we opted for the Marina Torrenova, the Sol Mirdos was £3900.00 and the Marina £2600.00 and I just could not see that the Sol Mirdos was worth paying that huge price difference for.

More tick boxes were ticked with the Marina and I'm really happy with my choice and the price we got it for :)
I just got back from the Marina Torrenova on Saturday and I can safely say it has been one of my favourite holidays. I will definitely be going back :)
Hi Pudmog

We have booked for 2012 and I have some questions for you please

Are drinks available all day or only at meatimes? I saw a review on TA that said mealtimes only..

Is the sunbed situation really as bad as is made out (ie no room & scramble to get them & then they are in the shade for most of the day)

Is the entertainment indoors or out? If indoors is it too hot inside?

Cheers
Fitzmum
Hi Fitzmum.

Drinks are available from 10.30am right through to midnight. Breakfast drinks are juice, tea/coffee water.

Sunbed situation is nowhere near as bad as people make out. All the beds get a reasonable amount of sunshine throughout the day, but I would advise picking beds nearer the doors to the hotel as these do get the sun til literally about 6pm.

Entertainment is outdoors during the day but they are throughtful and do tend to do them more in the shade. Nightime entertainment is indoors but is airconditioned so is very comfortable.

Hope this helps.

Pudmog
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.