Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya,

I used to live along the road from the Can Hotel in Gumbet - its literally 1 minutes walk from Bar Street, and about 3 minutes from the beach 8) . You couldn't be any more central if you tried.
There was a member here hoping to book this year, as she has stayed there before a few years ago, and loved it. It has a nice pool, the rooms are basic but not pokey, and as I said before, you are just round the corner from shops, restaurants and bars.

Happy holidays,

Elaine
Hey

Thanks for that sounds good :lol: , really looking forward to it , sounds like the beach and bars are closer than the travel agent told us so all good :D

thanks again
Found a thread on here with lots of opinions of Gumbet from last year and the year before -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1462&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hope it helps - happy reading!

Elaine
Hi Elaine- it was me who stayed there years ago, it used to be a very nice little hotel- small and friendly as they say. The person who was asking about it it last year never came back on to let us know if it was still nice, which is a shame as we are still left wondering. I was on a website a couple of days ago which was offering the Can- so i clicked on to check out prices etc- and from the location description and pics of pools, rooms etc- it was a completely different property! :yikes I do hope i have not been recommending a property i have never stayed at! :oops: Do you know if there are two Cans in Gumbet Elaine?- The site stated it was in Gumbet- i doubled checked all details, or do you think the company have made an error on their site? Its a shame i cannot remember the web site as i had found it through Google! Oh the suspense! :lol: Heather.
Theres a Cam Hotel as well in Gumbet menekse - maybe that was the one you stayed at before?

The Can hotel is down the left hand side street just before you get to the old Shamrock Bar from the top of Bar Street.
The Cam hotel is smaller, and from the top of Bar Street, its along past the Shamrock bar, Kivanc hotel and then down a wee track. Its on the corner there. Or, from the road between the Mudurno Chicken (used to be Memories bar) and the Log Cabin bar (used to be the Stonehouse) its up there about half way along the road, on the corner just before the track up to the Kivanc hotel.

Any of these sound familiar to you?

Elaine
Hi,Elaine- think that might have cleared it up a bit- they must have mis-spelled Cam on there site. It was definately the Can i stayed at, i stayed there 3 times before it disappeared from english brochures. my daughter always got the room that was on the balcony above the entrance yo what was then the Shamrock bar-(much to her delight!) She would sit there on an evening and watch every one come and go and listen to the music! This was between the ages of 14-16- how i wish she would stay on the balcony these days!!! She is 23 now and loves bar street. I don't worry too much- she has visited this resort twice a year since she was 13 so no one bothers her- if any new faces bother her the 'long standing' workers of the resort soon put them right! Anyway- :offtop - so i better stop babbling- once again thanks for that, and if anyone does stay at The Can- please post a review to put me out of my misery! :D Heather.
I've added the Can hotel to our review site HERE if anyone has stayed here please add your review.

I also found some information and pictures via this link Click Here
Thanks Glynis- that is definately the hotel i stayed in, feel a bit better now :lol: Heather.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Can Hotel in Gumbet and has anyone stayed there ?
Hi,

I haven't stayed there, but I went for a look around the place a couple of years ago.

Its in a very central position, just behind Bar Street, and only a few minutes walk from the beach. The rooms are built around the pool, and are basic, but a decent size.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.