Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Canifor Hotel
14 Posts
Can't recommend personally but Chevron Holidays were running an advert today for this hotel in the travel bit of the Mirror. Didn't have the hotels website but it gave http://www.chevron.co.uk. Don't know how they would compare with other operators you would need to check. For example it said 2 weeks HB in Aug 433pounds and AI was 542pounds.
Hope this helps.
hi there lincoln sue

i have been using http://www.maltadirect.com for years they are a very good company. look after you very well and i always compare prices with other companies and they are by far the cheapest

good luck

alan
Just found this Sue,not sure if its any good.Did you send email with Caps on,as that might be why it didnt send.

http://www.canifor.com/

Email: info@canifor.com
Thank you for the information supplied.
I emailed the hotel and looked at their website but I have now booked with Malta Direct as recommended by Happychef and got a good price,
I just hope the hotel is not like some of the "truths" say!! and that the favourable reports are more accurate.
I have no doubt I shall be asking more question before May.
Regards Sue
Hi Sue :wave

Some of the reports I have read must be for a different hotel :hmmm we have never had a problem in the Canifor.
The entertainment is very low key but Tony the barman will provide plenty of entertainment.
Yes the pool is small, more of a plunge pool than a swimming pool, but the indoor pool is nice.

I have seen complaints about snacks / ice cream ect not being available, just go to the bar and order them as they are made fresh to order.

We have stayed there about 5 times and when next years holidays go on sale we will be booking it again.

Have a good time in sunny Malta :sun

Graham
Many thanks for your comments Graham I feel reassured now. Some friends tell us the Canifor is in a good location but they have not stayed there. I have booked a Superior room but not too sure what that implies.
We are not bothered about the hotel entertainment as we always go out in the evenings. We like either quiet friendly bars where you can chat or a Music bar with perhaps a singer or dancing. Can anyone tell me if there is any line dancing please?
I know there is a good bus service but are there local tours for example to Gozo?
Thanks for any tips
Sue
Hi Sue

Well now that I know what kind of entertainment you like I think the Canifor may just be right up your street and you won't have to go out :lol:
In the hotel you will have a quiet friendly bar with some music, but you will still be able to chat without having to shout. There may be a singer and a very good chance of dancing, including some line dancing :ghug

You will be able to get small organised tours to many of the sights on Malta & Gozo including Festas, The Blue Grotto, small villages, island cruises etc via some of the small shops that sell trips, these are not very expensive and you will get picked up & dropped off at the hotel.

I will PM some more details about this.

If you can it is well worth hiring a car for a couple of day and touring both Malta & Gozo, you are able to get to areas that most tourists never see.

This is a good site for information.

Graham
We are going to malta for the first time in august and have also booked the canifor for five of us and i too was really worried after reading some reports but, I do feel reassured after reading these post`s. We have no idea what to expect as far as the rooms are concerned were wondering if its advisable to upgrade to the superior rooms. Any advice welcome. Jacqui
Having started this topic I can now say that we were well pleased with the Canifor. It is in a good position for the Bus station, for strolling on the sea front and plenty of bars and some entertainment.We did book a Superior room but I dont know how it compared with others except I know it was bigger and we had a nice settee, table and 2 chairs, a fridge,iron, kettle and cups & saucers.
We thought the food ok- it just lacked presentation but there was always plenty to eat.
I found all the help and advice on HT was extremely useful.
We had only been to Malta once before (to Sliema) but we much preferred Qwara/Buggiba.
Regards Sue
Sue thank you for posting again now you have returned as I was starting to get really worried about going in august after reading some other posts Jacqui
Lincoln Sue,
If you don't mind me asking, which UK airport do you find is the easiest to reach to from Lincoln?
The reason I ask is my Mum has retired to Lincoln and has flown from East Midlands the half a dozen or so times she has been over to visit me since she moved up there. We are originally from a village only about 8 or 10 miles from Heathrow, so that was where she used to fly from, but now dreads the 40 mile taxi journey from Lincoln to East Midlands.
Thanks.
Hello Ingliza
We flew from East Midlands and I too don't much like the long taxi journey
We were told by another passenger that the Air Malta EM flights are being trasferred to Doncaster/Sheffield next year, this is a bit nearer to Lincoln.
I always prefer holiday flights from Humberside but they don,t do Malta and in fact are going to fewer destinations now.
regards Sue
Thanks for your reply Sue,
Mum did think that Doncaster/Sheffield was a bit closer, as I mentioned in another thread she tried to find a holiday with a flight from there but could only find Thomson offering this at £200 more than an identical holiday (Preluna seaview HB) with Chevron from EM.
It would be good news for us if Air Malta did transfer EM flights to Doncaster/Sheffield, perhaps she would find more holidays available and it would be easier for me to visit. We have been over to visit Mum in Lincoln (very nice city) a few times but we have had to fly to Heathrow, stay overnight at one of the airport hotels ( approx. £100 for the room + £48 for 3 breakfasts :evil: ) before driving up the next day.
Thanks once again for your help, being from the South of England the North is a "foreign country" to me :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.