France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Mary

Is THIS where you're going?

Pippy :D
Yes it is Pippy thanks. I had not seen this website before. From the photos it looks really lovely.

Mary
You're welcome :wink:

Although that isn't their official website, there are a few entries for it if you do a Google search.
It's now been added to the reviews section so if anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi there
We stayed there some 15 years ago now, but what a great time we had! There is a land train running around the complex to take you to the pools and restaurants etc. The site is so big it would take ages to walk! In the evenings there was a lot of entertainment going on around the site from mini concerts to artists whose work you could buy.
It was here that we first had the 'hot stones' to cook our meals on, you can choose either meat or fish and it comes raw with a 'hot stone' for you to cook it yourself, great fun!!
The pools were lovely to and there are several on the site including a lovely infifnity pool with views to die for. We took the train to Cannes for the day as it is quite close and easy to do. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip
Hi Louise

Thanks for replying. Its good to hear that other people have enjoyed staying there.
we stayed there about 12 years ago-it was a Pierre and Vacances resort.

It was very nice-very crowded and very popular with noisy italians.

We thought it was quite expensive and our children missed out on the children's club with them not speaking french-but that maybe just a minor detail.

It was nice and handy for St Tropez and Cannes, Juan les Pins and Antibes.

Very, very hot when we went in August-and we didn't have air conditioning then in the car or in the small, stuffy studio we rented.
We went to Cap Esterel in 1996 - absolutely loved it. We went with two small children (2 and 3.5y) and there was lots for them to do. There are a couple of pool complexes, with their own atmospheres and with planned activities.

We booked the children into only a couple of children's club sessions, but they got on fine in them. Yes, it was in French, but that didn't seem to matter.

Most of the restaurants are on a large terrace overlooking the main pool and the sea beyond. It has a continental town square feel to it, and there is entertainment at night.

There are the usual shops on site, including a small supermarket. It's easy enough to go into town to the main supermarket too. The year we were there, the exchange rate was an eye-watering 7FF/£, so we were not indulgent with ice-creams, etc. - but the food didn't seem too expensive, so I would imagine that the prices would seem very reasonable nowadays, given that you are a captive audience.

The villas are well designed and well equipped. You can cook your own food, or get a takeaway from the restaurants, or eat out.

The site is very hilly, and it could be a trek to your villa. Ours was up a hill, near the children's clubs. You get fit. We were very lucky with our villa in that it was on the ground floor, so had a lovely garden instead of a small balcony.
8) Thanks for all the replies. I'm travelling at the end of this month with hubby and two kids so I'm beginning to get excited now. Love this site and appreciate all the info that I can gather. Better start excerising though :?

Thanks and Regards,

Mary
if I remember rightly there was a little train that took you to the beach-you know the sort that goes on a road.

You've made me feel quite nostalgic. As much as I love Florida-I also love southern france and southern spain. Don't know when I'll get chance to go back.
There is a little train, imaginatively called Le Petit Train. It is the only practical way of getting to the beach (which is nothing to write home about), but also serves as a shuttle around the village.

Have a great holiday, Mary!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.