Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Car parking
8 Posts
Helen T,

With most car parking, the arrival time is just indicative, not an absolute time you have to be there for. If your flight changed by a couple of hours, it shouldn't make any difference to your car parking booking. If the changes were a day or two, then it obviously would and you'd have to book for the extra period.

Darren
Thanks Darren - as we don't go until August, there's every chance that the flight might change.
If the worse came to the worse, you'd probably just have to book an extra day onto it.
I think they'd probably let you add extra days on but not take days off. When I booked our car parking for Costa Rica last year I got confused by the time difference and booked one day less that I should have but they were fine about it, I just had to pay the extra. Might be worth dropping them an email to clarify though?
It can depend on the airport. At Gatwick they were fine with me and had no problems but at Luton I got chaged £25 to exit. Nobody there at 0200 in the morning and people behind me at the barrier so I had to pay up via credit card or cause problems. They then didn't answer any emails I sent complaining as day rate was £12.50 and I was only 3 hrs over. Net result they have lost out as I have flown from luton three times since and they didn't get my business.
Helen,I have just seen this post as I have been away for 2 weeks.
I use discount codes for booking our car at Newcastle airport and have noticed the last twice we have booked that the cheapest rate is not refundable if you have to change the date.
We just pay the couple of pounds extra just in case the flights are changed after we book the car park.
Last May we were delayed about 3 hours returning but no extra was charged as it was on the same day that we had booked to return.
Ive also noticed they now charge to use a credit card. :que
I wasn't worried about changing the date, I'm more concerned about changes in our flight time, but as Shirley suggested we could always just pay al ittle exta. I don't want to be unable to get out of the parking lot, because my flight might be a few hours late :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.