Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Have you looked at Trevornick camp site,we stayed there when our son was about 12,it's near Holywell Bay,not far from Newquay where there surfing beaches,there is a nice swimming pool,clubhouse and I think there is a restaurant,it may be worth looking at.Its about 5 years since we went so facilities may be different.My grandson used to go to a skatepark in Newquay so you could check that out too.There are also some beaches around Newquay that allow dogs on.Hope this helps.
Thanks, thats very helpful. I will take a look right now! Cheers :tup
splodge02 wrote:
We have just bought a tourer and want to go to Cornwall in August. We have 3 kids. age 15, 13 and 9 years and want to be near activities that will keep them entertained. I am aware that Cornwall has a great beach activity scene (surfing etc) but what else does it have to offer for teenagers? My son is into skateboarding in a big way, so does anyone know of any skateparks in the area? I have been looking at Carlyon Bay campsite....anyone been there or have any other recommendations? We also have a dog and wondered if they are allowed on any of the beaches? Thank oyu to anyone who can offer any advice to me. :tup Splodge02. X

Right
first of all Cornwall is Brilliant when it's dry the North Coast around Newquay is best for kids of the ages you've got - I'm writing this actually at Carlyon Bay Camping and Caravanning park and will say it is NOT for teenagers and there is very little to do around for grown ups except to say Eden Project it's fantastic and if you go Gift aide your entry then you get a years free entry once is not enough and it's only 24 miles from Newquay.
Most beaches are now closed to dogs to the end of the season
I know of a few sites and have been to Monkey Tree (Scotland Road Rehjerah(sp)) there is a nice site at Holywell Bay too but that doesn't take dogs

HOpe you have better weather when you come here it's rained for at least 5 of our 7 days so far
Lensman you beat me to it. I was going to say that there is not much in the way of things to do at Carlyon Bay at all for teenagers. My brother in law lives there, and when we go to stay for a couple of nights our two daughters get bored in that wee amount of time!

It is a nice place in itself, but there is just nothing at all to do! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.