Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Wouldn't advise it. They are across the road from an very loud bar which stays open very late. Sorry can't remember the name of it. We usually drink at Charles bar, which does 2 for 1 even on kids drinks. Go to Google and type Carlos v Benidorm and you can read a not very good report from another site, similar to this one. There are plenty of good apartments for the same prices in better locations, and if they are not listed on this forum, check on them in Google where there may be some reports from other forums. Hope this helps Karen
I would not recommend these apartments, as the other post say's they are opposite Rocky's bar which is a very busy and loud karaoke bar. Charles bar also gets very busy. The worst thing would be that the apartments are next to KFC which is open until 6 or 7 in the morning and is always noisy and busy. I always feel sorry for the people who are unfortunate enough to stay any where near KFC. Try http://www.beninter.com they have loads of apartments in different price ranges in much quieter areas of Benidorm.
i have stayed at the carlos V and throughly enjoyed it there was only one problem with our apartment and that was a missing slat off the sofa bed they are clean and friendly and at night with the shades down the noise is minimal its in an ideal location for everything you could want or need. Chalses bar is right underneath and the owner is considerate and obliging the club opposite is rockys and if your only in a 1 bedroom apartment you can't hear it. and you can't hear anything from panchos accross the other road it is a brilliant place to stay.
thanks dave and julie
i have booked these appts and have been a bit worried,you have really put my mind at rest.what month did you go,and when?we dont really care about noise,its mostly cleanliness,mostly of the beds,i will clean thoroughly when i am there anyway but i couldnt sleep in a dirty bed.
thanks liz x
hello liz the apartments were spotless and the bedding fresh and clean but they only get changed once a week we went in november last year and it was a still a great place even out of season the towels were clean and all the kitchen and the bathroom was sparkling and all the fixtures and fittings were practically new were going back in april but staying at the vistamar but i have recomended the carlos v to my friend and her partner.
oh and watch out for the pool its freezing especially in november
if your not sure how to get to pool you go through the open door in charls' bar beneath the apartments and round the side out to the back of the apartments its small and cool but its ok for what you need as your no more than five minutes from the beach so i hope this helps and that you have a great holiday if have any problems let me know and i'll have a word with the charles bar cause he's a good friend of ours and he gets on well with the apartment owner
have fun xxx
Hi lizmc Yes i am a very good friend of Salvadore the owner of charles bar and have been for 16 years ,i have just come back from benedorm 28 feb one month and i have been talkink to people in carlos v and they are rebooking for next year
8oo pounds for 9 weeks .I have the brochure and the price list
cheers Peter
forget about rockys its non bother kfc you wont know they are there dont go getting an appartment in the quiet areas as when you go back at 2 in morning you will have to watch out for morrocans and asylum seekers (muggings) stay in the busy parts if you are staying out late and you dont have far to go.
cheers Peter
Can anyone give me any details on the Carlos V and would you recommend a stay there. Thinking of booking for June 2006.

EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
Stayed there in April/May of this year and found it an ideal place. It was clean, with lots of facilities (microwave, plenty of crockery and cultery, etc.) We had booked a one-bedroom apartment, but were actually given a two bedroomed one. The balconies on these are the largest I have seen, going right around the building.
On the down-side, I felt that the pool was a little awkward to get to - going out of the front door and through the terrace of Charles Bar was not exactly ideal. The only noise we encountered was at 6.00am at the weekends, when a few rowdy stags were making their way home! Other than that, we had no problems at all. The situation is fabulous, and I would have no hesitation in booking again. We are also going in June, and may see you there!
Wendy
thanks for that info- it has put my mind at rest and I will go ahead and book. Great price with Viajes almeda.
we have just been to these appts in august and have to say it is the worst place i have ever stayed in! if you havent booked them yet please think twice, viajes alameda are a good company and i have used another accomadation the rosa park which is excellant, but these are really letting viajes down.they are very noisy but that doesnt really bother me, but they where old fashioned, dirty and to be honest i wanted to walk out the minute i got there. the pool area is horrible and you have to walk around the side of the bar underneath to get to it, no staff are on site through the night and because we where on the main road people where pressing the doorbells for a laugh quite a lot at all hours of the morning.also if people (mostly young teenagers )who stay at these appts are locked out they ring the doorbells so the door will be released downstairs and they can get in the building.we where told that gypsies do this at these appts as there is no one on site to throw them out and beggers sllep in corridors of appts, we never came across any but have to say it did make me feel uneasy incase of break ins. the only good thing about these appts is the balconys and the location for the beach and night life.
Hi
My Aunt and Uncle stayed in the Carlos V last September, they said they were pretty basic but clean and the noise level was minimal. They enjoyed their stay there. My aunt is 60 and uncle is 66 ( neither is deaf) and they said they would stay there again.
Hi

Myself and three friends stayed in the Carlos V Apartments last year we only had enough hot water a day for 1 person, so the rest had to shower in freezing cold water! We complained but nothin happened! The entrance and stairs stunk! The place should be pulled down! Saying all that we partied no stop and the location was fantastic, and i had the best holiday EVER! :)
OK, Carlos V. Well, Julie and I stayed there last week. We booked for two people and got a two bedroomed appt., luxury. Loads of room and a massive balcony. Here is my review. You get what you pay for, and it is cheap. Personally, I am not bothered about chipped baths or minor burn marks here and there, as long as it is clean and tidy. Now I don't mean 5*Hilton clean and tidy, let's be realistic, just clean and tidy, which it certainly was. I would not recommend it for families, or people who like pools and sunbathing and cooking main meals for themselves. For people like us though, it was fabulous. Right in the middle of everything. Pop down to the sea, find somewhere to buy a meal, go for a drink, visit a cabaret bar - all there on the doorstep - not forgetting shops for food, clothes and tobacco.

By the way, three mature ladies, (even older than me), were staying there because they felt safer.
Does anyone have any up to date info on these appartments ?.Our golf trip is coming up in January and these apartments have been booked for our trip.Any comments would be grateful..

Regards Stevie
These apartments are situated on one of the main streets for bars /clubs. They are actually situated above a bar ( Charles Bar I think its called ) which is open till 3am.

They have a small pool at the rear.

I have never stayed in the apartments so can't comment on the interior.
Charles bar will be closed in January. There might be a bit of noise from Rocky's across the road but shouldn't be too noisy in January.
they are very basic i believe steve not your usual standard.. can be very noisy but shouldnt be too bad in jan.. hope you enjoy... vik
Many Thanks for your comments .I always end up ill anyway . I suppose i'll just hope its quiet when we go..Too late now anyway its booked:: :(

Regards Stevie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.