Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
If still looking for info go to http://www.justzante.co.uk and the kalamaki message board. Jacqui
:D hi, there is the caretta beach and the caretta bay hotels,right next door to each other,two pools the bay being the quieter of the two,family owned,lovely people and staff,nothings too much to ask for. We are going again at the end of August for our third year,great place and kalamaki is lovely. Enjoy your holiday and feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.
Hi

My family and I (36, 34, 16, 13, 5) have just returned from the Caretta Beach hotel, we stayed in two apartments with views onto the quieter of the two pools. I would definately recommend anybody to stay there. :lol:

We booked with Kosmar, who seemed to be one of the cheaper tour operators, when talking to other families who had booked their hol through some other company.

The only thing I would say is that they need a few more c.d's at the quieter pool, as they played the same ones over and over again :?
Have finally narrowed down our holiday search for Aug 2008 to Zante!!! The Caretta Beach Appts get rave reviews, only downside seems to be small airport departure area coming back!!! Anyone been here? What's weather like in August as we have a 9 year old? Any comments on area,appts, zante itself would be greatly appreciated. :lol:
I haven't stayed at the Caretta Beach Apartments, although I know exactly where they are, however, I have stayed in Kalamaki many many times.

The apartments are in a great location for the main street and the beach so no worries there.

The weather in August.............Hot! Hot! Hot! We were there this August and last August and it was hitting the 40's everyday. This year was 30's at midnight! You need aircon without a doubt.

Kalamaki itself is a great family resort, plenty of shops, bars, tavernas etc. Your kids will love it.

Hire a car and tour the island, its beautiful.

The airport...mmm maybe the new departures will be open by then :lol: or maybe not. It is tiny, basic and everything everybody has said, but in my opinion worth the hassle to stay on Zante.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.