Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
There's a useful website at http://www.forum.carvoeiro.com/ which has restaurant reviews and other information about Carvoeiro generally.
Don't know where your staying but the Colina Village Apartments has a ala carte restaurant open to the public and the food is fantastic
We are going on the 24th of July and wondered the same, hopefully someone could recommend a few.
Hi,

I'm not sure about family restaurants, but here are some that I've found to be really nice in Carvoeiro...

Ell e Ela's - gorgeous food!! Would go back there again and again. This is in the centre of the village on the road out of the village towards Lagoa I think... or could be on the road in (it's definately on the one way system somewhere!)

Elliott's, in the Monte Carvoeiro complex is very nice

The Stone Steak, also on the Monte Carvoiero complex where you get to cook your own meat on the hot stone - maybe fun for kids, but extreme supervision/caution may be needed, depending on their age!

There is a restaurant called Vila Nova which was nice - think it's in the next complex up the hill from Quinto de Paraiso.

The Patio restaurant, next to the beach is supposed to be lovely, but slightly pricey. It was closed the last time I was there so can't say for myself.

There is a pizza restaurant which is supposed to be nice, and also a place called Happy's, although I've never been to these. They are on the left on the road up the hill out of the village - you pass the Carvoeiro Sol Hotel on your right as you go up the street.

You should try and pick up one of the free maps for Carvoeiro and area whilst you're over there - if you don't get one in the apartment, go into the Carvoiero Sol Hotel and if you ask nicely, they may be able to find one for you (if not, they are on a desk opposite the lifts!). These have adverts for many of the local restaurants and a map with them all handily pin-pointed!

If I think of any more nice restaurants I'll try and post them on before I go back to Carvoeiro on 15th July! Only 4 more sleeps to go!!

Hope this is of use!

Laura
Hi

Just come back from another great week in CVO - been there many times, ideal place to 'chill'.

I would recommend 'A Gale' which is on the right hand side of 'Restaurant Hill' - Carla owns the restaurant and is very keen to please BUT I suggest that you book early as it gets busy. Ask for table 1 by the window.

'Oasis' do a rack of spare ribs for under 10 euros (I counted 13 ribs)!! Again, very popular and is very close to the square on the road leading OUT of the village.

My mate recommends 'Chef Antonio' on 'Restaurant Hill' but I didn't have a meal there this time so I can't pass comment (he enjoyed it).

So many to choose from - you could spend 3 months in CVO and not get round them all!!

For a nice drink after a meal try Imprevisto (directly opposite Oasis) good prices & good measures.

Hope this helps and I hope that you enjoy CVO.
Thanks, will let you know how we got on in CVO.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.