Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Sam,

Thank you for your information, I wasn't aware that there was a charge for the safe, at other hotels that I've stayed in we have only paid a deposit, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

7 weeks to go, I can't wait.

Paula
hi would anybody know if i will get oysters inthe seafoof/restuant
could anybody tell me what the dive center at the casa marina reef is like as i plan to do some diven on my stay read good and bad reports
today booked a week at the Casa Marina Reef resort, did have other choices but they all sold out and this was prob best available with money at my disposal and for time i wanted to go.

i understand we can use the Casa Marina beach facilities too, does this include food and drinks etc? is it literally right next door?

also the All inclusive program stops at 11 ive read, is this the same for both resorts? found it hard to find info on it.

if so, then guess we gotta buy drink and food if need be, whats the average price for an alcoholic drink and say chips and pizza or chocolate and crisps etc?

cheers :D
Hi JoeF

We stayed at the casa marina beach resort last May and had a wonderful time. The beach resort is right next door and you are free to walk from one side to the other to use all facilities on both sides. The casa marina reef side has the activity pool, where as the beach has quiet pools. The casa marina reef has the quiet beach which is excellent if you just want to sit back and relax and soak up the sun as well as swim. The casa marina beach side has all the activities. Whilst we were there the sea was calm and the best sea that I have ever swam in.

The bars on both sides are excellent, but you will have to pay after 11pm, I have no idea what the cost was, as we were in bed shortly after 11pm. The food in the buffets is pretty good with plenty of choice, we never went hungry or felt the need to eat more later and my husband eats for the two of us. I was not impressed with the italian or seafood restuarants, my husband is italian and I lived in italy for 12 years and know exactly what the food is like, but many people enjoyed these restuarants so don't be put off by me.

The jacuzzi's were excellent, late afternoon we would stroll down with a cocktail and enjoy sitting in them watching the sun go down and this is definately something you must do.

Well I hope this information is of use to you and should you want more, then let me know and I will see if I can help.

Paula
hi just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently? curious to know whats there to keep a 16yr old girl amused an 11yr old boy and 3yr old girl? are there kids clubs for these age groups? would love here from anyone with any info about the place thanks x
my family and i are off to casa marina reef on the 22nd aug 08, this is our first caribbean holiday we are all hoping it will be great. i read some pretty conflicting reviews about the place, but we are definatley of the thought that a holiday is what you make it! anyway for the price we paid we cant really complain too much... we were stunned that it was cheaper to go to the dom rep for 2wks for a family of 5 using 2 rooms than it would of to go back to the place we stayed last year in ibiza!!! :tup we did get a really good deal which we booked last sept i think cant quite remember it was that long ago and yet our holiday is still so far away :cry has anyone been to casa marina at this time of year? does it feel really crowded? and how hot does it get? and finally was there much rain then?? :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.