Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
The two accommodations are next door to each other and form part of a complex.

Kath HT Admin
thanks for that. beginning to think booked wrong place
thanks for that. better pics than brochure. looks lovely
:D hello everyone. we are off to fuertentura next week at long last!!! staying at castillo san jorge costa caleta. anyone been here before and what is it like? and more important---what is weather like at the mo? be grateful for any comments---thanks :D
Hi

Does anyone know if it possible to upgrade to allinclusive on arrival? booked self catering to get free kids place (she's 13) so now looking to get to allinclusive somehow.

if possible any ideas on price
Hi Joules79
Firstly have you tried asking the company you booked with if they can book AI option for you? I only ask because I have booked this hotel with Direct holidays and got a free child place I then asked to upgrade to AI and as our son is 14 had to pay for 3 adults. It cost me £19 per night person, I think this is pretty good value as it means we only paid £133 for a 14 year old. As we all know most AI would charge adult price after 12 so I think this is a good deal.

I have been to several AI hotels before and find that usually if they offer this option you can always pay for it on arrival. The e-mail address is on this site not sure where but you could always try contacting the hotel direct I'm sure they will help you. Have a great hoilday.
Hi,we went to castillo san jorge in may of half term this year. we booked with sunset (thomas cook). we booked AI. 2 adults and 1 child and we got a free child place. You could book AI on arrival but I forget how much it was. Best thing we did was to go AI especially with a child. He is 8 and to get drinks and ice creams all day free was a god send. You,ll love this place. We did.
Hiya. We have booked for this complex next week(6 October 2007)..woo hoo....sun sea sand etc. Have read LOADS of reviews about this one and out of maybe 20 reviews i have read only 2 poor ones. Having said that what the heck a holiday is what you make it. But my question is any idea how much i should expect to pay for a Taxi (2 Adults 2 kids under 10) from airport to San Jorge complex. I will of course post my opinion upon my return. :wink:
I will of course post my opinion upon my return

Much appreciated! :D Welcome to HT Sonicsplodge (great name!).

Pippy :D
Ha ha..thanks.

Actually pinched each part off mates nicknames when i were a lad. Sonic was a mate into Hawkwind (SonicAttack) and a chubby mate (not PC) we called splodge??
ROLL ON SATURDAY!!
Hey ho...back home and review written... hope it helps...trying to figure new camera out b4 i upload pictures :lol:
Cheers! :tup

You can read SS's review HERE

Pippy :D
Hi i'm looking to book a week at this hotel in January 08.

Just a couple of questions, is the hotel close to shops, nightlife, beach etc., as taking 2 teenagers and they want to be able to go off on their own?
Also, are all the rooms apartments and do they all have balconies.

Thank you

Jane
Just looked again on the Thomas Cook web site and it actually says its the S.Jorge Antigua Hotel, is this part of the same hotel as the Castillo San Jorge?

Also with regard to the rooms, is says its a room for 1-3 people but with no mention of a balcony, this is why i was wondering if all the rooms have balconies or not.

Thanks for any help.
Jane
Hi. Yes antigua is part of same hotel as san jorge. there are 3 blocks as one hotel. beach is about a 10-15 min walk away and centre of costa caleta abouthe same depending on fast you walk. A s for balconies I presume eash room has a balcony. W e had a sea view and balcony was quite big. 3 of us in a 1 bed appt. Ample big enough for us. I,s a lovely hotel. Very clean!! W e went in May and had a wonderful holiday!!
Thank you. It sounds a lovely place and I think it will be the hotel we book.

As we will be going in January, does anyone know if it will be warm enough for swimming and are the pools heated? Also, we will be all-inclusive, so is the food good and is there a full English breakfast (this is a request of my husband!!) and are there snacks in the evening?

Sorry for all the questions :?

Jane
Yes food is good. loads to choose from including full english. Lovely dining area. The snack bar closed at 5 or 6 i think and can,t recall any more snacks being served after that time except crisps etc at bar. Hope you have a lovely time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.