Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
I think they are the same appartments.

I stayed in them 3 yrs ago and just wish I had something good I could say to cheer your friends up.

The inside of the appts was very basic but was clean. Basically we slept there and went back to change after a day out before heading back out in the evening. They are not the sort of appartments you would stay to relax and unwind in.....

There was a bar place in the evening that provided entertainment but it was so dirty we only went in once and only had one drink.

The entrance always had crowds of youths hanging around drinking and smoking :smokin

It wasnt too noisy but we went at the end of September, I have heared that high season it gets very rowdy in that area.

Sorry that this sounds so negative. We have been to Salou since but stayed out in Cap Salou.

At the end of the day you dont go on holiday to spend all the time in the appts. They have everything you need and they were clean. They are pretty central to everything, a few very nice beaches in easy walking distance as are all the ammenities. And there is so much to do in Salou you really dont have to spend time hanging around the appts.

If your friends go without very high expectations they may find that things have improved and be pleasantly suprised.

Being totally honest when I went 3 yrs ago I went with Ferris coaches. For four of us for a fortnight it cost £520 :D At that sort of money you dont complain just make the most of the weather and resort ....
Thanks Del, for getting back to me, I feel the same as you so long as the bed is clean, it really is only somewhere to put your head down and have a wee drinkypoo before heading out for the night. We are actually staying in Cap Salou and we will be meeting up with them most nights, so we will be out and about most of the time
Any way, if anyone else has any comments let me know

Jen
Oh Jenni just got as far as reading
it really is only somewhere to put your head down and have a wee
:rofl :rofl :rofl

I did read to the end after :D
We stayed there (2 adults and 2 children) in 2002. I am afraid that they were the most disgusting apartments we have had the misfortune to stay in. Have you looked on the Holidaysuncovered reports? I agree with all the bad things on there I'm afraid. Our apartment was filthy with the most awful smell coming from the sink. You are placed right in the area of the nightclubs and it is a bit intimidating for families at night when we were there, the poor rep had queues of people in the mornings asking to be moved. I did get the impression that some of the apartments were better, I think that it depends of which block you are placed in. We had a lot of trouble with the privately owned apartments where people owned dogs and cats who were none too choosy about where they did their business. On a good note, Sun and Moon restaurant over the road was the best place we found, and we ate their every night. It was overlooked on the holiday brochure to mention that the apartments are built over a nightclub, and we were really unfortunate to have some of the many Dutch 18-30's staying at the apartments in the room next to us, one night they chose to remodel the room. We were only able to sleep after 5am came when the nightclubbers went to bed themselves. I do hope that the change of name signifies a change of standards. Best part of the holiday? Coming home without a doubt. I do hope it is good for your friends. Cap Salou is a really nice place, wished we had gone there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.