Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Judging by the number of times my wife visits these shops and buys something....
Well you could start in Palma which has lots of upmarket shops. Don't take the car into Palma, go by bus.
There is a very good one in Puerto Pollensa just where the pedestrian walkway past all the hotels joins the Pine Walk proper. The shop is on the left adjacent to an upmarket clothes shop.
There is a good ceramic workshop and sales outlet just by the roundabout outside Soller, where you turn right towards Puerto Soller.
There is a very good one in Pollensa town. It's at the top of the street Monte-Sion, just by the town hall (Ajuntament).
In general, if you are travelling around by car, you will not be short of choice since they seem to be everywhere on the road. That's my impression given the number of times I am asked to... pull over here, there's a nice shop.
Pollensa - Sorry I am only getting back to you now, the topic moved down the page and I missed your reply!!!

Thanks so much for the detailed information, I will be in Palma and will print out your instructions!

There actually is a lovely shop in Peurto Pollena too, in the centre, do you know it? We went up there last year and happened upon the Market, which we didnt know would be on, on that particular day. The shop was near the start of the market, and we ended up spending about 150 Euros on beautiful Mallorquin ceramics! Sounds like your wife is a bit like me :D :D :D :D :D

Peurto Pollensa is a georgous resort - always like to visit when we are in Majorca.

Thanks again
There actually is a lovely shop in Peurto Pollena too, in the centre, do you know it?

Yes, I had forgotten about that one. If you go one street back from the sea front on the Alcudia road and walk away from the town centre parallel with the seafront there are a few there too. From observation, they are nothing special although they do have several outstanding/expensive pieces on show.
Whew! that took the wind out of my sails - I thought it was lovely :D :D :D

thanks for your help :D
You've got me confused now. What did you think was lovely that I said was not ??
:rofl Oh sorry Pollensa, I have read the posts again, and I totally misunderstood. I thought you were saying the shop that I had spent 150 Euros and thought was lovely was nothing special. Reading it again I see you meant the other ones :D

It serves me right for being on here when I should be busy at work. :oops:

I really do appeciate your information, and apologise for the mix-up!

best regards
My mums minding our house and "Kevin the teenager" the dog and the rabbit when we go to Maguluf on Tuesday. She loves plates - they adorn her hall stairs and landing walls.
So the question is the same for me - can anyone recommend a nice classy place to get her a fancy plate from to say thankyou?
Editted my post above to reflect some changes we saw on our recent visit. The shop I recommended in Palma is gone and I have added one in Pollensa town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.