Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Noggin we stayed at the Hotel New Bengal which is in the Colaba area its a couple of years since we stayed there. We used it as a stop over on route to Goa, we didnt want to pay much, so it was cheep and cheerful. It was our first stay in Mumbai we were a bit apprehensive when we arrived at the hotel it is small , clean but dated which we dont mind , definately no frills. we were asked if we wanted to check the rooms prior to accepting them, and the desk staff and room boys were very helpful .
There wasnt a bar but a room boy offered to go for beer , we actually went ourselves, the shop was on the same block , we got a few king fishers to take to the room, there is a fridge in the room. From the internet photos and info we thought there was a restaurant but it turned out this was also further down the same block 2 mins away and one of the room boys took us down. The best thing i love about this experience was our hotel room had a long verandah running along the front and the room doors opened onto it there were tables and chairs for each room and you could sit watching the hustle and bustle of mumbai down below sipping a cold kingfisher ( after looking at the photos of some of the other room views i would ask for one of these overlooking the road if i were you) room service was good the restaurant food was excellent . We were getting the train early the next day and the staff booked us an early call we had room service breakfast and they arranged the taxi to the station. All in all great service Anita :)
Hi Noggin forgot to give you Hotel contact details they seem confusing I think we ended up phoning them.

Hotel New Bengal
B Shalimar Estates
Sitram Building
Dr. D. N. road
Nera Crawford Market
Mumbai 400001
Telephone 0203 027 8683
just checked on tripadviser there are photos (misleading really ) and its 23 pound a night

This hotel is very cheap and cheerful probably not even 1 star . there is another one of the same name dont confuse the two Anita
Hi Noggin,
Try the Hotel Residency Fort, great hotel, superb location and excellent value for money. Their e mail address is: reservations@residencyhotel.com.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.