Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You dont say what you look for in a holiday. Give us a clue!
Yeah the original post was a bit vague.

Looking for a good beach holiday with a bit of nightlife as at the time of going I will be a single young at heart 40 year old.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of the country either as it looks stunning although dont know if travelling around is a safe option.

Cheers
Are you travelling independently or going on a package? Most of the beaches in the north have been taken over by sunbeds and umbrellas, Baga, Calangute, Candolim. Lots of british tourists, english breakfasts, karaoke etc. Further north, Anjuna and Vagator are less invaded, few sunbeds in middle Anjuna and Vagator. Going north, Morjim, Mandrem and Ashvem have better beaches but less choice of accomodation. Nightlife is pretty limited, a few 'clubs', Titos, Mambos, and 'restolounges' on the Baga to Candolim strip. Goa is a very beautiful state and it is safe to travel alone. If you are comfortable riding a scooter or motorbike this is the best way to get around.
Hi Wilfred and welcome,
:tup yes i agree Goa/Inida is a very safe place for travelling and i would have no qualms on our travels we meet lots of single girls travelling (which even i think is brave!!) but i think you will find most of what you want in the north as hapi says plus you can do a bit of travelling too and see the other side of things, also we have the meets if you fancy getting to meet a few of us HT'ers......you are never alone long in Goa anyway everyone is so very friendly :)
chilly
:cheers Sounds good.

Been looking at other posts on here and might even look at doing it independently now with all the information people have posted on here.

Has anyone had any issues getting Visas ?

Cheers

Nigel
Visas is another subject altogether :D There is a dedicated discussion about visas which you will find near the top of the forum. Does not seem too bad at the moment.
We know quite a few single people of both sexes who go to Goa on their own and are always included in everything - you will get chatting to people everywhere - in bars, restaurants and on the beaches. New Year especially is very good in Goa.
Wilfred

One thing to point out - Christmas/New Year is the busiest time out there and flights/accommodation will not be as plentiful as other times so, if you decide to go, best to get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

We always go North (we are nearly 60) and love it. Yes the beach is crowded, full of English but it is the buzz that we love. Hate football and Karaoke but that is easy to avoid, if that is what you want. What you will find is plenty of like minded people, chilling out and having a great time. You would have no problem finding other holidaymakers to talk to and the natives are pretty friendly too. Restaurants - too many to mention, but also great bars for sitting having a tipple and watching the world go by.

It is also very easy to get to other parts of Goa, either in organised trips or by using a taxi driver who will know all the places to go.

Candybabe
Cheers Candybabe.

Couple more questions.

Looking at the package deals available at the moment I can get B&B for around £1000 or all Inclusive for £1500. Is this expensive for Christmas time ?

Is it worth going all inclusive as what I have read it is better to eat out and experience the local food and the food in the hotels is not always up to much ?

Cheers

Nigel
Hi Nigel
dont go all inclusive you will regret it!! IMO
chilly
And mine!! Too many good restaurants to waste money paying A/I. Plus I doubt you would spend £500 on eating and drinking out in a month.
Steph.
I agree whole heartedly with chilly and squigs,lots of super places to eat(and cheap). Paula
Thanks for the info everyone.

Cant wait to get out there now.

Got to narrow it down to one now from the following.

Beira Mar - Baga Beach

Lambana Resort - Calangute

Dona Alcina - Candolim

Decissions, decissions, decissions....... :que
For me the Dona Alcina is a no-no(stayed there once and that was enough),do not know the Lambana Resort,but have stayed at the Beira Mar several times and will be there again in January.Nice and central and close to plenty of good eateries!!! Paula
We didn't like the Dona Alcina . Can't comment on the other two.
Here's a decision.... don't stay at the Dona Alcina .... it's a dump.

Seems popular with mainly British tourists, why I don't know. Search this forum and the DA is well covered. I stayed here on a last minute cheap 3 week deal, probably only stayed here for 10 days out of that time.

Truly dreadful!
Thanks for the help.

Will book the Beira Mar from 18th December for 3 weeks. :cheers

Cant wait to experience the atmosphere of Goa.
:sun2
Anyone else out there at the same time ?

Nigel
let us know when you have booked, hope you get the flight and date you want, as there will be lots of people from HT out there then :)

we don't go until 15th january and can't wait to see our friends again - am on a countdown already :cheers

you will definitely enjoy Goa and all it has to offer, there are the weekly meetups in Calungute for all us Holiday Truthers as well that you can go to

Regards
Silver Angel
Wilfred we are in Calangute for 3 weeks from 13 December and would love to meet up with you as unfortunately we may not make the meet ups due to 2 of them being on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and we are meeting up with first timers on our first week out there so will be out and about most of the first week. We will arrange something nearer the date, we can easily walk down to Baga. You will love Goa this is our 10th (or is it 11th?) visit. There is so much to see and do.
Wilfred, We arrive at the Beira Mar on 4th Jan,I'm sure you will love Goa and everything it has to offer. Paula
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.