Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
If you're asking if they're open, the answer is yes, but it's advisable to book in advance.
thats what i was wondering, obviously would like to eat out xmas day and boxing day, well actually every day, but will have to investigate booking up before we go i suppose, any recommended ? thanks saff
If Porto Bella's is open - you shud definately book there for one of the days! (That's in PC :))
Hello we went last year and are going again this year for Christmas and New year everywhere is open but christmas dinner is quite expensive on christmas day and you will need to book, i cooked my own last year as we found an English supermarket with Turkeys and all the trimmings but the spanish cooker was a disaster we were on the beach while the turkey was cooking came back to serve up and guess what i had put the grill on low instead of the oven we had dinner very late and it was awful, never again will be eating out on christmas day One restaurant i highly recommend in Costa Tequise is La Provincale it is great so are the staff we use this most nights. Chispas is great for a drink very inexpensive and they serve my fav cocktail tia maria baileys and choc milk lovely.
:) I don't know about christmas time, but Peurto Calero is a great place to staywith lots of nice restaurants. Lani's is always a safe bet for good food.

If you havn't been before there are loads of excellent places to visit.

In the marina at Peurto Calero the submarine safari is a good place to start.

(I liked Peurto Calero so much I bought a villas there. :roll:
decided to change holiday resort now going to playa blanca which i think will be more suitable for us. upgraded to 4 * hotel natura palace all reviews are excellant. wot a plonker wished i had visited this site before i booked the holiday in the first place as now we can only stay 1 week and have been charged £140 to change.They say you live and learn..not so sure ! After reading further reviews and visiting another site 'trip advisors' re galeon playa at costa teguise was apalled by the things were saying.couldn't risk it after all it will be xmas
After having a pretty rough year we're planning on a family holiday to one of the Canary Isles. Can anyone recommend a good half board hotel or self catering accom. for two weeks over Christmas & New Year. Our kids are 2 & 3 so plenty to see and do is vital. Good nearby beach is a must. Ideally the location needs to be near bars, restaurants etc but not too club orientated. Obviously resort needs to be open as well, as I assume some places might be closed over Christmas!
Cost wise I'm not too bothered as long it's not silly money. I know some hotels will charge nearly adult price for All Inclusive for a 2 year old!
We would really consider any where if we thought it would be good for the little one's and give us a good break too.
Thanks
Chris
I can recommend Costa Luz apartments in PDC, they are right on the beach and near enough to restaurants and bars. Best apartments I've stayed in, in PDC.

Info here :- http://www.oceanclub.co.uk/html/Complexes/CostaLuz.html

Robert
We have spent the last five christmas in lanzarote. We will be spending this one as well. The weather is not great in fact it was brutal for the past two years. I would highly reccomend two hotels we have spent Christms in: one is the San Antonio Hotel in Puerto Del Carmen. On the beach, good food and one the best kids clubs that brings christmas alive for the kids. Santa even comes up the beach on a camel throwing sweets around and all the kids follow him into the ball room where there is a party laid on for them. Santa calls out each of their names in turn and they get a good gift not the usual rubbish you get in a santa parcel. The kids spend a day or so making costumes for and rehersing for a show which they put on in the ball room at some stage. It keeps them mentally and physically occupied for two days. Food is great and rooms are brilliant. Great floor shows at night especially the Bee Gees tribute show. Great hotel going again this year.

The other good hotel we spent christmas in was the Timanfaya Palace in Playa Blanca. Santa came down the road on a camel. We all had little lights and sparklers and the lights were turned off. It was magical and one of those life moments you never forget. All the little kids eyes wide open with excitement with the reflection of the littles lights in their eyes. You know it was what christmas was all about and it was magic. The camel got down on his knees to get into the foyer of the hotel and Santa went to a throne and called out all the kids names out and gave them gifts. It was brilliant. The hotel food was good the entertainment was not great but we had a great Christmas there and it was magical. For sheer magic this hotel had it all but I prefer to be in Puerto Del Carmen.
Hope this helps.
the fariones aparthotel in pdc is second to none close friends of ours spend every christmas and new year there with their two kids and rave about it
My hubbie and I are going back to PDC on the 27/12/05 for about the 5th New Years Eve and I can't wait! :lol:
I know how you feel! It's a great atmosphere in PDC on new year's eve! We're going out for Xmas and new year for about the 5th time,too!
went boxing day last year had a great new years eve in the old town in the biggest of the irish bars (forgot its name), going again this year just hoping for slightly better weather this time but it was still warmer than been at home
New year gone was my first in PDC and what I noticed the most in differance from here to the UK, was the fact that people were just having fun. There was plenty of police on the strip but most were having a cig and a drink :)
Was great and can't wait for this year to come to an end :)
Friends of ours go to pdc every year for christmas and new year - they say its excellent and far better than anything at home and never miss a year
The Irish bar you are talking about used to be called Mulligans. Not sure if it still is. We first went there in 2001 and it was very different to how it is now. Nicer I think! It was taken over since (I think).

I'm looking forward to all the lovely food in the fab restaurants where your away from "rip off Republic"! Anyone who has heard of Eddie Hobbs knows what I mean. It's a bit of an Irish joke at the moment.

One thing I don't like is the fact that the majority of the Pubs and Restaurants are more expensive on New Years Eve. That said, they still don't come close to Ireland!
Hi. We are thinking of going to Lanzarote for Christmas/New Year. What would be the best resort for a group of 8 (3 adults, 1 over 70, 4 kids ages 15, 12, 10, 9). Been to Playa Blanca (not at Christmas) and loved it but wondered whether PDC might be a better bet for the kids. Thanks. :D
Hi Namid. Read your review and Lanzarote sounds great over Christmas. We were thinking of booking for 8 of us (4 adults (1 over 70) and 4 kids (ages 15, 12, 10, 9). We were thinking of Playa Blanca (we have stayed there before but not at Christmas). Why do you prefer PDC?
Do you think it would be better for the kids? Thanks in advance. Gail
I am biased as we have spent the last few Christmas/New Years in PDC and think it's great (obviously!)

There would be far more choice of things to do in PDC, far better choice of eating places, and if you're still there on the 6th Jan, the camel procession with the 'kings' throwing sweets to the kids along the seafront to the Old Town.

I find Playa Blanca is OK for a day visit at Xmas (sometimes on Xmas day itself - lunch at one of the cafes on the front!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.