Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
. Do you mean an organised tour just for your selves or totally alone, making all of your own arrangements? China isn't the easiest place to travel around,with long distances to cover and often long waits at airports or train stations (depending on mode of travel). I have been to China twice the first time twenty years ago when I took an organised tour with Kuoni, the tour was excellent, well organised but very tiring. I do normally travel alone making my own arrangements but decided that it would be too much of a hassle on my second trip which was a short one with a friend just to Beijing for a few nights and 4 nights on the Yangtze with Saga. I was in my fifties/sixties when I took both tours.
I'm not familiar with either of the tour companies you mentioned but would advise an organised tour. Both tours I took were group tours, not large groups and I really enjoyed them, it was good to have others to talk to on waits at airports and meal times. If you look in the Discussion Forums in the Far East section you should find some reports on tours taken by members of Holiday Truths that may be of help to you.
One of our members Puddleduck took a tour organized by a London firm called China HOlidays for just she and her husband and was very happy with it.
August will be very hot, September a little cooler. I would avoid the middle of the summer.

If you need any more help please ask,
Thank for your prompt rsponse and good advice---we will certainly travel with a group.
Judith's right - our tour was with China Holidays. They do both group and tailor made holidays. We've been on small group tours in other countries in the past and found them great for meeting like-minded people.
We went in September and apart from the odd 'hazy' day (Beijing and air pollution) the weather was good and a comfortable temperature for walking around.

My full trip report is here to give you some idea of what to expect - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=85325

I'm sure you'll have a great time, China still tops my favourite holiday list :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.