Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Kay,Excellent complex, I'd check re air-conditioning .......... they do have a website its http://www.clubepraiadaoura.com maybe you can get the info from there.Regards if this is for your kids..... well I'm positive they will enjoy it, lots of night life etc. Regards jayjan
We were there in July but we did not stay there, we had friends who stayed across the road in the Montechoro beach apts which are across the road from Club Praia D Oura. They had two teenageers with them and they loved the location. You were only 2 mins. from the strip and they were able to give the kids a certain amount of freedom and go out for a while at night with their friends.

It is right on the beach. IMO it is an excellent location.

Enjoy your holiday. 8)
There is a downside and that is that the Apartments are based at
the bottom of CARDIAC HILL!!!
Thanks for the info. Will log onto website to see what it says.
Wilma it also depends which side of clube praia d oura you are in, you dont need to use cardiac hill if your based on the other side of the complex. regards Jayjan
If you're staying at the lower end of the complex you'll be able to flop back to your apartment for a cold beer after a long day on the beach, freshen up and then tackle the hill eagerly anticipating your next cold beer/chilled vinho, OR if you're staying at the top end you'll have a hot climb back up from the beach but you'll have an easier walk to the bars and restaurants in the evening - swings and roundabouts.

Don't worry too much about the hill - it's only steep for a very short distance! We stayed at the Montechoro Beach Club and we didn't find it a problem.

Have fun, and don't forget to visit the Old Town some evenings!
We stayed a few years back right at the bottom in CPO and its easy peasy to walk up the so called cardiac hill, never understood what all the fuss is about. Only takes a few minutes. There's beer at the top for goodness sake!! 8)

Now, getting back down the hill with those slippy pavements with the super polished stones and more than a few drinkies inside you later in the evening...............there's your problem. No kidding :(

Lummie
The worst thing about cardiac hill is that you cant run away from the touts halfway down!...unless you are going down, then you would break your neck!

We had a wander thru the complex in question a couple of years back, it looked very nice.
All your comments are much appreciated, starting to look forward to going there already!
Just read a tip about an easy shortcut avoiding Cardiac Hill. Take the lift near the main pool up to the 9th floor, coming out by the little aviary and kids' play area, which will bring you out on top of the hill near the Oura Praia hotel. From there it's an easy walk to the Strip!
I stayed at the top end of the strip in the Villanova with my 18yr old daughter, it's a great area to stay in.
It was Carnaval weekend early Feb, the place rocked all night through to breakfast, fantastic and will both definitely go back.
Just come back from staying at Clube Praia da Oura. I'm 23 and enjoyed it very much..

I can't believe you guys call this hill 'cardiac hill' for goodness sake its about 100m long and hardly steep at all. fair enough if your 70+ you might struggle but i saw older couples walking up and down it all day, no problems.
Gary

We were in Montchorro in June and it was very hot. Have to say I wouldn't like to climb up cardiac hill every day in that heat - once was bad enough :D

Carol :wink:
i am travelling to club praia da oura with my husband and two kids for the last two weeks in june. could anybody tell me what this complex is like?
Hi

Welcome to HT! :wave

We have some reviews HERE.

Website HERE.

Pippy :D
We are visiting Portugal for the first time on 22 April and are staying at Clube Praia de Oura.
Can anyone tell me what it is like to stay there?
Is it in a central location?
What will the weather be like?
Whats the average price for a meal out and a couple of drinks?

hi welcome to HT have you looked at the reviews yet

wizard
Welcome Gemma,

We stayed at CPO and were lucky enough to get a room facing directly onto the sea so it was Fab :D Very central for the strip and the beach and the Old Town just a short taxi or 30 min walk (or considerably longer if you keep taking pit-stops :? ) 1 bed apts are better and have lots of room and if you dont like your room then ask to be moved cos lets face it, there are plenty too choose from. You may get a room up at the Oura Praia, dont know what thats like though.

The locals will be able to help with food and drink prices but basically it depends on where you eat/drink. Weather should be pretty good but has been known to rain occasionally in April although I'm sure it wont be for long.

You'll love CPO, we did. Cardiac Hill will keep you fit, or cheat and take the lift :roll:

Lummie
Thanks Lummie much appreciated. And thanks Wizard will have a read thru the reviews.

Seven weeks on saturday so not long to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.