Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Try the authentic Malta holiday in Marsasloxx. Well away from little Britain. :sun2 .
Sliema, Ghawdex, Marsaxlokk - Wow we love all these places, so we're spoiled for choice!! ;-)

Thanks to my fellow Maltaphiles for your concern, :bow

Trev
I am still waiting for my reply from the Coastline despite having emailed them again today! Also have not heard from Travel Republic - I can view my query on the 'manage my booking' section of their website and it would appear that they have done nothing about it yet - that in mind does not bode too well for the company. At least You Travel who Travel Republic have subcontracted to are looking into the situation.

I am wondering if one of the reasons that they have gone over entirely to Saga is the fact that they are used hugely by conferences. Having only one tour operator means they have more control over how many rooms they have available for the conferences - perhaps that is where the money is. I am not particularly keen on staying in a hotel where perhaps more than half the guests are on a conference rather than on holiday.

Spoke to our friends yesterday who love the Coastline and fortunately they have just booked for May - they are not too impressed about the hotels decision either!

Pippa
Hello Everybody.....recieved a tip from a member that several e-mails were flying around with rumours about the Coastline and thought I would jump in and let you all know what is happening. Have not been to this website for a long time but here goes.

Saga Holidays have taken the Coastline Hotel on an exclusive basis for a period of 30 months, commencing on the 1st September 2008 and expiring on the 30th June 2011.
The Hotel will be available to book independentaly during July and August of 2011, however the property will then close down on the 1st September 2011 and undergo a full refurbishment togetheer with the construction of an additional 100 rooms, and will re open for business on the 1st April 2012.

Within the next few weeks those who have a holiday booked at the Coastline after teh 1st September will be contacted by their respective tour operator with the options available.

Thanks
Trevor Zahra
Director of Sales - Coastline Hotel
That is really useful - thank you.

Pippa
Blimey a posting from BugibbaHC!

That's a 'rarity' - but I have to say Trevor the info is very useful since those folks that want to return to the Coastline without booking through Saga, will be able to do so after the refurb.

I hope all goes well for the future, :tup

Trev
Perhaps anyone who is contacted by their tour operator re a change of hotel can post on here as soon as they hear. You travel have said that the most likely outcome will be that the Coastline will offer a hotel of similar standard - they only have two other hotels in the group - one being the Golden Sands and I can't see us being offered that!!!

I still have not heard from Travel Republic and as I booked with them (even though they subcontracted to You travel) ultimately I have to wait for them to contact me which could mean a long wait - not impressed with them and will not use them again. They don't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my query.

Pippa
Seeing as there is another comment thought I would contribute and let everybody know the situation.

Basically the tour operators are waiting to hear from us. The reason behind the delay is due to the fact that we need to compile a full and exact list of reservations that we have for the period 1st September through to April 2009. In order to be able to do this we have requested the latest uptodate bookings from the tour operators. Contrary to many assumptions, a tour operator very rarely passes bookings to the hotels immediately and these are generally sent 2 or 3 months before your actual arrival date. There are some operators that send us bookings within 48 hours of the reservation having been made but these are few and far between.

Today was actually the deadline or tour operators to send us the final lists. From our end we now need to compile these lists and since we have the full list of bookings we need to source a couple of hotels of the same standard for re location. I have already personally visited 2 four star hotels close by to check the standard and both of these hotels fell short of the standard we as Island Hotels Group and you as the clients expect.

I would appreciate if you would allow us some time and as soon as the right property has been sourced you will be contacted by your tour operator, which hopefully should not be later by the end of next week

Yes Pippa you are correct that the Radisson SAS Bay Point and Radisson SA Golen Sands are not unfortunately an option, primarily due to the fact that both properties are already very heavily booked for these two months and in fact we already have a number of dates where the hotels are sold out.

I thank you for your patience.
Trevor
It is good to have an honest reply - much appreciated thank you.

I hope you have more success in Travel Republic contacting you then I have had!!

I am glad that you are looking at hotels that come up to the same standard as the Coastline. I do know that finding a good four star in Malta can be a little tricky.

Pippa
Yep - The Coastline was a real gem. We'll miss the fantastic staff but in this life I guess you have to move on,

Trev
Thanks for your understanding everbody. Rest assured that when the Coastline reopens in 2011 it will be a bigger and better hotel :-)
Look forward to it! I do hope the cats are looked after in the meantime. We were very impressed at the condition of them - some were absolutely beautiful and quite fat!! Possibly something to do with amount of food that was put out each day - steak once when we were there.

Pippa
Pippa,

Yes we are 'cat people' too and really enjoy seeing them at the Coastline so I just hope they will be well cared for while the work takes place - after all they do earn their keep by erradicating any vermin!

Trevor,

Thanks for posting and putting everyone's mind at rest. We look forward to seeing the outcome with the Coastline and staying there as guests again in the future ,

Trev
after all they do earn their keep by erradicating any vermin!

Not all vermin Trev, there are still plenty of slimeshare louts in Malta :rofl
Yep but we'd need a lions den full of big pussy cats for the slimeshare louts! :D

Trev
Big cats with huge appetites Trev, btw will e-mail you that stuff in next day or so.

Caw for now
Sliema2
Big 'spam' cats? Can't remember writing 'spam'! My brain must be infected with the Monty Python Virus!!!!!! :rofl - if you know what I mean,

Trev
I remember now I called them 'p u $ $ y' cats but it appears that the word was censored out. How sad that somebody's mind works in that way when I was innocently using it in the context that I did. Anyway I'm sure those special Maltese cats won't mind this extra coverage! :tup

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.