General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
This is a slightly ambiguous area - a quoted price is an 'offer to treat' which means that they don't have to sell ithe product to you, especially if it is a genuine error that it has been incorrectly priced in the first place. Sometimes a company will honour the price as a goodwill gesture in those circumstances but they don't have too. The crucial thing is whether they continue to advertise it at that price or not.

I got a really good deal in a John Lewis sale on a pure goosedown duvet on those grounds - when I was in the bedding Dept they said that they'd sold out of the lower quality duvet I originally wanted at the price advertised. I went down and checked in the window where there was a display of duvets with that price still prominently displayed and so I went back up to the Dept and said that I'd have one from the window display even if it meant waiting. At which point a senior manager turned up and asked what the problem was and was told by the assistant that the window display now actually only contained higher priced duvets but he insisted that I should be given one of them instead because the price sign should have been removed from the window once all the duvets at that price had been sold. He pointed out that this constituted a case of mis-selling and that they must take the sign down but in the meantime give me a duvet at the advertised price even if it was of a higher quality.

So, a bit long winded I know but what you need to do is try and re-book and check if they are still offering the good deal you saw orignally. If they are and the same thing happens ie the rpice goes up just before the sale is confirmd, then you probably have a case but if they are no longer offering that hotel at the price you first saw, then you don't because you will find it very hard to prove that it was a conscious attempt to mislead as opposed to being a genuine error.

SM
Thanks SM, your reply is appreciated.

I did try to see if the offer was repeated but it isn't anymore so will put it down to 'one of those things that annoy you '.

Cheers and thanks

Brian
to comply to the advertising standards and trading standards they only need to sell 1 holiday at the advertised price [if it is a special offer] and they are covered, i have had a similar problem for years with a company that deals in a specific country we wish to visit and yes every time i enquire they have sold out :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.