Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
In sharm there are convenience stores and we often bring back water from them, there is a good one near the Jolieville hotel just up the side before you hit Nama bay. Of course there will be some nearer to you. From experience i found getting your water in the day is better, because at night some hotels refuse to let you in with them! In the day they don't seem to bother as much.

We are also A1 and they give you a small bottle of water each time you ask, it is safe in bottles, but not drinking water from a tap etc. You can usually buy beer as well, but as i said be careful bringing it back to your hotel.

A family brought back Mcdonalds to their hotel, and it got refused and they had to eat it in direct sun!

There are a couple of water parks in Narma bay, and if you do a search you will hopefully find the thread.

Michelle x
Sonesta beach Queen :sun2
We used one in Namma Bay; from where the taxis drop you off at the top of the main drag, if you walk down to go towards Hard Rock etc but not that far. Walk through the shisha cafes on your right, it was like a corner shop, had all sorts of snacks, crisps, haribos :oops: water, cans of coke etc in it. Really cheap.

We were just buying small bottles of water to sip as we shopped, didn't try taking it back to our hotel as we were staying out of NB. As Michelle says you may need to be careful depending on the hotel as some can be funny about you taking in your own stuff (fair enough I guess), pop it in a bag or perhaps wrap in your towel if you have swimming gear with you. They are more vigilant of an evening.
There is quite a big (well, by Egyptian standards) supermarket called 24/7 on the mountain side of the Peace Road opposite Sonesta Beach and Sofitel hotels, about 5 minutes walk from the Marriott. Prices are a fraction of hotel mini bars! There is a little coffee shop next to it - great for toasted tuna baguette and a McDonalds - free wi-fi at both.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.