Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi

my family stayed there last year and they did have a two ring cooker ftdge and most kitchen wear needed
my son stays at the bellevue a lot. He has a studio and says that the cooking facilities have greatly improved. He had two ring cooker, microwave, toaster frying pan. Plenty for his cooked breakfast!! We will be there as a family on 23rd may, but I don't cook on holiday :cheers We use the bar Don Pedro as the grand children like Paco's Pizzas and Paella. I realise you are vegetarians, does that exclude fish? Some great fish menus in alcudia.
Have a good time :sun2 :sun2
thanks for your reply u both

and yes it excludes fish and even eggs which is the thing was holding me back from going to spain but atleast i can visit the place i always wanted to visit. i would never cook if i didnt have to. . thanks once again
u have a great time
I'm sure that you will be able to find some restaurants in Alcudia that cater for vegetarians Avani - so you won't have to spend all your time in the kitchen. :)
Bit of a hint - dont buy you food from the SPARS that are dotted all over - super expensive (just came back on the 25th april)
Go to the Mercadonna Supermarket, i know theres defo one in Old Alcudia and maybe one on the main strip next to where you are staying. You will save a small fortune. The spars rip you off but thats where most people go.
We paid 4.5 euro for 5 litre of water in Spar but only 1 euro for 8 litres in the Supermarket.
If there isnt one next to where you are staying i'd defo recommend you get a cab to the one in Old Alcudia - its only up the bank not far from the old walls and will be worth it.
I was stayin in a villa end of April and i make all my sons food (hes 10 months old) and it was no problem getting everything i needed from the supermarket. maybe take a little hand book to help you out with words etc
after we checked out the villa we stayed at the bellvue for the day in a studio - very spacious for a studio and had a hidding behind doors kitchen - was suitable to cook on defo and there was a fridge as well.
Take plenty of mozzie spray - i never got bitten once as we were staying in the old part but as soon as i stepped out the car at the bellvue i was eaten alive as was everyone else in my party and that was in April when it wasnt super hot.
have fun any questions just PM me
and forgot to say - theres a great market on in the old town on a sunday and i think tuesday - sell all fresh fruit and veg - everything you can imagine. so i'd recommend you go there
thank you very much everyone for great advice and help pl do post me if u think of any piece of advice as i am going with my little one.
Hi, we are going to the Bellevue in October if you get sky3 they have a program shown regulary in the day called Majorca holidays they show the bellevue hotel and rooms, we have managed to get an all inclusive deal but the rooms look fine and the kitchen area :)
The local supermarket is called the Syp Eroski, it is the same as Tescos, it is down the road from the Lagomonte hotel which is just out side of the Bellevue complex, you need to ask for the Jolly Roger Pub and you will see a lake, walk down to the bridge and cross over keep on walking and you will come to the end of a road turn left and about 200 yards you will see the supermarket, they open from 9.15 to 9.15. It will take 10 mins to walk.

Everything is a lot cheaper so please make the time to go and find it as you will be really surprised at the difference of the prices and the fruit and veg and fish are fresh.

Suzanne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.