Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
We went to the Coral Playa a couple of years ago, and we really enjoyed it. When we was there it was plastic glasses by the pool, but that's a good thing really. The evening entertainment is good, but a bit cheesey. We enjoyed the holiday, but we wouldn't go back, as now my children are older, we don't want a family hotel anymore, and the Coral Playa is.
Nobody will have stayed at the hotel yet as it doesnt open until the first week of May I believe.

The Atlantic Hotel In Escana will not open this season,clients already booked are being offered other Sirenis Hotels and I would recommend the Coral Playa in the same resort, although only two star at the moment it has been refurbished again this winter and had new lifts fitted,air conditioning added,new bathrooms and balconies.
There are no single rooms anymore and these have been made into disabled persons rooms.There has been a change in tour operators,First Choice and Direct Holidays and also you can now book direct with the hotel.

John.
Thank you so much for the replies!

It is really helpful to get an idea of what other people think rather than the travel agents or brochures which are totally useless - they can't even get the distance to the beach right. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
hi i have stayed at the coral playe twice now the first time was back in 2002 and there was 19 of us we all had a fantastic time we went back in 2003 and again all the staff remembered us (not hard to do ha ha) anita is great christobel the bar manger is superb along with his assistant havy the hotel it self is kept spotless and the food is great something for everyone,only downside is sometimes you have to que along time for a drink,go with an open mind join in the fun and you will all have a great time by the way we are going back again in 2006 [/b]
Does anybody know what the rooms are like in the coral playa, am looking for all inclusive, but don't want to be sleeping in the same room as the kids.
Hi everyone,
I know that a lot of people wanted to know what this hotel is like since it has been refurbished.I returned from there on sunday night 3/7/05.
The hotel is gorgeous and is so clean and tidy and the staff are so friendly and nice.The entertainment is ok,we had some good days and some bad days.BUT i wouldn't go back again.The food was AWFUL.For breakfast we had the normal things like eggs,bacon,scrambled eggs,mushrooms etc (this was the best meal of the day).For dinner and tea the meals were awful,and there were no childrens section at all,when we complained to the rep she said that the managers reply was "well they will have to use the snack bar".I didnt pay £1600 for myself,my partner and 4 yr old daughter to use the snack bar,although i have to say that we more or less lived off the food there when we didnt go out for our meals.The hotel used to be a 2 star but had been refurbished to make it a 3 star and it didnt re-open until 1st of june this year,we had been told that it used to be an all english hotel,but this year 1st choice had included the spanish too.By the time i left they was hardly any english there,it was over run by the spanish,which a lot of people had said was who was in mind when the food was being served.I have to say that when we got there,there was no childrens club at all,but just into the second week a lovely lady called Anna who had just started working at the coral playa,did her best to keep the kids entertained,(she's really lovely).
I have to say that overall the holiday was ok,but because of the appalling food,i will never go again,its not just our party complaining either which also included another couple and there 12 yr old son,as there were loads of people there of all ages that had been to this hotel 7 and 8 times in a row and they said how down hill the food had gone and how they wouldn't be returning again as they were so dissappointed.We did have word though by an english person working at the hotel (no names mentioned) that Thomsons were looking at the possibility of taking over the hotel,and while we were there,some reps from thomsons were looking round the hotel.
I would be really interested to see if anyone else has been lately and see what there opinions are.
Thank you for reading.
I will also be leaving a post in the hotels section.
Angela.
P.S ---- Just wanted to say that the weather was absolutley boiling hot for the 2 weeks that we were there.
I would like to hear from Katherine who visited hotel coral player in 2005 or any one else that has visited the hotel this year.
Angela who has posted above you has just returned from here.
Hi

booked direct flights to Ibiza for end July 2006 and managed to find a site doing the above hotel for £850 (14 night half board, 2 adults 1 14yr old)

Its a great price but just wondered if anyone had a vierw on the hotel?? (I have read the reviews which are pretty mixed!)

Cheers

Stu
Who did you book that with if you dont mind me asking, sounds like a good price.
Its a fun hotel with lots going on and in a great position just off the beach.My only reservation is if you dont like A1 hotels or some of their clients as this is mainly that,an A1 hotel.If you enjoy that sort of holiday then I couldnt think of a better choice,John.
P.S.Please see here for some reviews..................
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
I THINK I know what you mean about the atmosphere and therefore the type of customer that AI CAN (but not always) attract - and I think we will be fine.

To be honest we were only looking for a B&B hotel but this worked out at only £1.50 per day more expensive to take the HB option - so I thought why not!

Had a bit of trouble booking through the website - so rang the company direct and booked over the phone - and got a further discount!!

So in total it cost £840 for 14night in the school holidays - result!

Company is called Winter Sunshine Holidays = http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com/ - but they do summer as well

looks like all the phone bookings get a discount!

Stu
:) hi,does anyone know if the drinks are in plastic glasses in this hotel,i dont mind around the pool,but would prefer a real glass with meals,indoor bar etc.some good ofers on short breaks at the minute,we would use this hotel as a base and still eat out etc. thanks mo
If the Coral Playa is part of the Sirenis group then from experience they use plastic around the pool but glass indoors in the restaurant and bars.
thanks,i had found a cheap deal on somewhere 2 stay.com they were charging the same price for half board as all inc,but my elderly father has decided to come with us now and i think that the coral playa would be a bit noisy for him,so we are going to fiesta cala nova in october :) instead thanks again mo
actually it was http://www.xcapewithus.com/

Link activated by Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
Hi there,
I just wondered if anyone has stayed at the hotel coral playa this year as there doesn't seem to be any new hotel reviews on it.I stayed there last june and the only thing that let the hotel down was the food,if it has improved then we are interested in booking for next year.The hotel had just re-opened when we stayed there and i think they had got a new chef which everyone was complaining about.I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any info if they have stayed there lately.
Many thanks
Angela.
Hi

Just got back last night will post a report shortly but too tired to do so but I would go back :D
Added a hotel report but by mistake I put I was there in June but it was July from 5th for 2 weeks. If you want to know anymore just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.